iPod Touch 8GB 3G MC-model - Stuck at apple-screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kadir, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Kadir

Kadir New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay so I did jailbreak my iPod touch, or tried to, with blackra1n - got stuck at geohot picture and didn't come further.

Then I couldn't restore, and then I tried to restore over 20 times - didn't work, gave me error 6 and 1611.

So now it's stuck at apple-screen at boot-up, and won't come past that, but if it does, it's 10 minutes after.

Also, the errors still remain when I tried to restore after it gets stuck at apple-screen.

So my questions are:

1. Any fix for this?

2. If I went to an apple retail store, and gave it to them, to fix it - would they find any traces of the jailbreaking?

3. Why is it booting so slowly up? Because 10 minutes isn't normal.
  2. Shtuff

Shtuff New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Restore at the iTunes connect screen, if you tried that then keep trying, this happened to me last night on my iTouch and i fixed it by just trying at the iTunes connect screen.

Good luck!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Kadir

Kadir New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Tried over 20 times - kept giving me an error 6 and 1611. Tried the manual on apple's website for solving this issue, where you can't restore - didn't work.
  4. v1ral

v1ral New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think you are trying to restore your jailbroken copy backup of your iPod Touch constantly.
  5. Kadir

Kadir New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, because I tried on several computers - no luck.
  6. jjesusfreak01

jjesusfreak01 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You need to put the iPod in DFU mode, and then restore the iPod. Here are some instructions I pulled from another part of the forums.

1. Connect your iPod touch/iPhone to your computer with the USB cable. (make sure iPod/iPhone is on)
    2. Hold both power and home buttons at the same time and count to 10 (1 onethousand 2 onethousand etc. )
    3. Let go of the Power button, continue to hold the home button until the iPod/iPhone connects back to iTunes.

Be patient it can take some time. Sometimes while holding the home button it can take up to 15-20 seconds. Also if your iPod/iPhone shows the connect to itunes symbol, your are not in DFU mode. It should look like the device is off. If you are still unable to restore, you may have a driver on your computer of a corrupted restore file. You would then be best off trying on a different computer.
  7. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    He tried the a lot of times. He mentioned that in another thread.
  8. Kadir

Kadir New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes and my thread wasn't being replied to anymore, even if I didn't solve the problem.

Anyway, I have tried DFU mode, and I have tried a laptop with vista on - so those doesn't work.
  9. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Uninstalled itunes? Then reinstall it?
  10. Kadir

Kadir New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Tried - also tried on a different computer as I said.