iPod Touch 8GB "3G" can't restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kadir, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Kadir

Kadir New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Operating system: Windows 7 32-bit
    iTunes version: 9.0.2
    iPod Touch v.: 3.1.2 the MC-model

So I had my iPod jailbroken since Blackra1n RC2 came out, and until now I had no problem. But all of a sudden, while I was finished watching a video, I pressed home button, and it was like frozen. Afterwards it turned black, went off.

So the next day, I jailbreaked it with blackra1n, worked fine until it went out again.

After that, I couldn't jailbreak it anymore - it just wont work! In the beginning, the geohot picture came up, and then the iPod went out 5 seconds later. I tried to fix that, by doing a restore, went well. Did the restore, tried to jailbreak it. Then at the geohot picture, it finally came up with the loading circle.

But then it was stuck at that page forever. - and now I can't restore it anymore, because my iTunes give me an error message #6. Has given me a #1611 too.

When I try to restore now, it comes up with the loading-bar on the iPod, and is just about to start the restore, when it comes with the end-sound and says error #6 or #1611.

So, anyone got any solution? I'm desperate - even if it's not jailbroken, and just restored!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. internet626

internet626 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When you try to restore, are you using official, authentic (paid), firmware?
  3. Kadir

Kadir New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I use the one where it downloads it via iTunes.
    Also I tried with DFU mode, where I then Shift+clicked on the restore and found the .ipsw file and tried.

Same results.

HELP ANYONE?

Please Register or Log in to view images