iOS 4.0 iPod Touch 8gb 2G jailbreaking wrong?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Jun 27, 2010.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Am I jailbreaking wrong? I restore the 4.0 firmware, then set my ipod up & jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4. I uncheck multi tasking & battery percent and check install cydia, custom boot & recovery logo and enable use of background on homescreen. Then i jailbreak & download everything i had in cydia on 3.1.3 that will work on 4.0. But it dies so quick and it's frustrating not having a lot of the functionality i had on 3.1.3. Is there a way to downgrade back down or am i doing something wrong with the jailbreak?
  2. TheDoctah

TheDoctah Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    What do you mean it dies so quick? Battery life?

Perhaps you have something turned on that you didn't have before....i.e Bluetooth?

Or brightness settings?

Multi-Tasking is known to use more battery life.
  3. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I dont/cant multi task. And i have my brightness at 25%. Yes, the battery life, but it was fine before i did the update. Hmmm. Nope, location services & bluetooth are off.
  4. Eclipse

Eclipse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's the apple wallpaper, its designed with so many shadows and crap it drains it about 3x faster than if you were to use winterboard.
  5. jimmyv13

jimmyv13 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I hear ya...I was very impressed with my 3.1.2 JB...and now with 4.0, I'm kinda bummed. The multi-tasking works on my 2G 8GB iTouch. Check the wifi...it stays on and drains even if in sleep mode unlike the previous OS. Mine drained pretty quick the first day, but I've been turning wifi off when not in use and it's at 78% so far for today's usage.