Ipod Touch 8gb 1st gen BATTERY ISSUE ??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by spyder_21, Sep 2, 2009.

1. spyder_21

spyder_21 New Member

I checked all the related links and can't find anyone with the problem I am having.

Well I got this ipod touch from a friend (he said there are charging issues), which in fact there are.

When I plug the ipod touch into a wall charger, or even the usb port on the computer, I get the battery logo at the top right with a lighting bolt though it, but the battery will not take a charge.

So I purchased another battery, when I went to open the ipod I noticed that it had pry marks along the edge of the ipod (like he tried to open it before) after opening it up I noticed the solder points have been altered (battery has been changed before). So i un-soldered the battery and installed my new one.

The ipod worked like a charm (thought he just had a bad battery). So I pluged it in the usb cable to charge the battery up and noticed that it is not taking a charge at all. So I tried the wall charger (once again will not take a charge).

It shows the lighting bolt for the battery when plugged in, just no power is getting to the battery.

Every time i unplug it the ipod just dies (because the battery is no dead). So I decided to un-solder the battery I put in and hard wire the battery (and only the battery) to a usb cable to charge it. After about 30min. I soldered the battery back into the ipod, it showed a charge has been made to the battery, so I plugged it back in and nothing will not take a charge.

Is there a way to hard wire the battery so when I plug it in, the voltage goes from the wall charger/usb right to the battery as well as to power the ipod for use.

That is the only way I know of on how to charge the battery besides un-soldering the battery each and every time.

Any help would be great.

Thank You,
    spyder_21

Well that was long
  2. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    This happened to me once. Turns out my USB Cable was bad.
  3. spyder_21

spyder_21 New Member

would the wall adapter be bad as well, I use the usb cable to charge my ipod 4gen 16gb so I know the cable is good.