iPod Touch 64gb 3G & stuck pixels. Drat!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by unclebrudy, Oct 23, 2009.

1. unclebrudy

unclebrudy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey everyone, hope ya'll had a great week.

I hate for my first post here to be a complaint post, but it's /vent time. Hopefully this'll be therapeutic for me.

I'm on my 4th (I have the BB receipts to prove it, hehe) 64gb Touch, & every single one has had at least one bright stuck pixel. Before suggestions start pouring in about the "dead/stuck pixel fixers", believe me, I've done all that. And frankly, I don't think I should have *had* to even spend time trouble-shooting stuck pixels when I paid over $400 for it.

Yes, I'm one of those people with OCD about my gadgets, & I do scrutinize the screens of anything I buy, but these iPods have had pixels that even the Best Buy CSR's could notice in the bright retail lighting. My G1, multiple Blackberries, Mitsubushi living room LCDTV, this Dell 1520 I'm typing on right now, all don't have dead/stuck pixels. My previous PSP had a few stuck pixels, but it's warranty replacement is spot-free. The only device I own that has a stuck pixel is my upstairs Sharp Aquos LCDTV, & I've learned to live with it because I can't see it from the bed.

But 4 (four!) straight iPods with stuck pixels? Come on! The first three had stuck white pixels on the edges, which were very bothersome when watching letterboxed movies or when on the home screen. This 4th one has 3 stuck white pixels. Insane.

I love this iPod as much as I loved my first & past iPods, don't get me wrong. It's just I can't fathom why the screens are just so bad on this latest gen. Granted this is my first Touch (10gb 1st, 30gb Color, 80gb 5th, 160gb 7th gen...gotta love the Classics!), but am I expecting too much? Are you folks learning to live with it? Could it just be BB's batch? Is my luck just *that* bad?

/rant. Thanks forum.
  2. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yeah...I've had a few dead pixels on my 2G me for myself have learnt to live with them but to your faulty ipod touches:
    they're all form the same stock I3 think - perhaps trying another place or ask BB to replace using an ipod from another stock?
    but no, stuck pixels aren't that often and especially not 4 times after each other

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have one stuck pixel and it kills me... ive had it for a while but when i look at it i keep thinking of replacing my ipod...but you gotta live with it so...
  4. lukeluke10702

lukeluke10702 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that should not happen...They could be sending you the same ipod every time...
  5. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    those are easy to fix. Try massaging the pixel ( press the screen where the pixels i so that you can see color distortion from pressure, jus tnot too hard)