ipod touch 4gen Music Artwork issue.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eKoKnight, Sep 29, 2010.

1. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

Ive notice that no matter how many times I look for a coverart with a high resolution such as 400x400... The artwork for music looks like crap on some but on most of my songs that I found the Music Artwork looks fine... So whats the deal? Anyone notice any degrade of there coverart for there music with some albums and some that look stunning with the new ipod touch 4gen?
  2. wtfiwantgames

wtfiwantgames Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    maybe you are not using the artwork? you have to click get info on the song and select which artwork you want to use, and make sure to re sync the song to your ipod
  3. GuilleiPod

GuilleiPod New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My music artwork looks great on my iPod, I download them on iTunes. I don't know yours.
  4. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

I went and looked on google. And found some high resolution ones and applied most of them from windows media player and alot of them look great. but the ones for my limp bizkit collection look like crap. :\
  5. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Download them from iTunes - they're 600x600 and look great on the display. 400x400 is far from being high resolution and will be stretched to pixelation to fit the 640 pixel width.

Media Player is also a sh*t program to organise music - although playback is superior to iTunes. I find it resizes images too much before embedding them.
  6. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

400x400 will look crappy.

I use to embed my music with 320x320 covers that was perfect with the older touch models. Now with the 4g, 500x500 at the minimum, should be the standard. I'm a bit upset that I'll have to upgrade the art on all my music.
  7. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

Ya I'll try 500x500 The reason why I dont use itunes. Cause it doesnt make the change permant. So if I format my hard drive Id have to do it all over again. That why I use windows media player to do the artwork so it stays intact for good.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok finding coverart work even at 600x600 still doesnt make limp bizkit Significant Other look good. The text on it still looks pixelated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I know you can make itunes find the coverarts but the problem is with that. Once you have to restore your pc froma format or something. I dont like how itunes doesnt make the artwork stay for good.

Wait a moment... I just relize if I upload it to the music onto itunes the pics from my local pc it stays for good... Sweet didnt know that.. Man I learn something today lol
  8. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

You could try this blog - they have thousands of high-res cover art images. I use it when iTunes gives me washed-out cover art.
  9. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Another good one for every media cover. It has HQ covers. Old ones are usually scans. While new ones are original prints.

http://www.allcdcovers.com
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I use Tag&Rename to embed the art into the music file. Once you do that, change the file as "Read-Only" & iTunes won't mess with it.
  10. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

Well I got a weird problem... Now that I replaced all the cover arts on the songs... When I go onto my pc and go onto My Music Folder. And look for example Linkin Park. The song will show the nicer picture that was replaced from itunes. But if I open the song on windows media player. The CoverArt that shows while the song is playing is differerent...

What the heck. any way to fix this?