iPod Touch 4G or iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xI Jakk Ix, Sep 10, 2010.

1. xI Jakk Ix

xI Jakk Ix New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I already have an iPhone 3G so which would it be best buying, a iTouch 32GB or an iPhone 4 16GB? I originally thought of buying the iPhone 4 then thought about the fact I already have one. Is there any performance or display difference between the iPhone 4 and the iTouch 4G?
  2. wtfiwantgames

wtfiwantgames Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iphone4, there is nothing ipod touch could do that an iphone 4 can't
  3. jealousguy86

jealousguy86 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well do you need a phone or just a music player that can do essentially all that stuff iphone 4 can? iphone 4 has more ram and a better display, though barely noticeable to those who barely care.

i like the ipod touch because it's got all the good stuff, and i have a phone already, one that i don't gotta pay extra money for each month. and plus the ipod touch has way more GB room. i'm gettin the 64 GB today.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. xI Jakk Ix

xI Jakk Ix New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I would only need it for entertainment purposes. I will use my 3G for a phone. And I made this thread because I heard iPhone 4 has more features and better display than iPod Touch 4G. I really care about performance so I would like it to be as good as the iPhone 4.
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, the display isn't much of an issue, in my opinion. It is only noticeable when you view the iPod Touch 4G at a weird angle. But if you look at it normally, it's fine. The amount of ram will only be an issue (not really an issue, maybe slight slowdowns) when you have 6-7 apps running in the background, but if you manage your processes, the iPod should run just as well as the iPhone. Well, the iPhone 4 does have a better camera

Please Register or Log in to view images

but the iPod Touch's camera is good too.
  6. mush

mush Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    iphone 4... all in one
  7. cacophony777

cacophony777 New Member

The Touch 4 seems to be a bit faster (10-20%) at browsing the web if that's important to you. Somebody posted a comparison video in this forum if you want to see.

But honesetly, you can upgrade to an iphone 4 for the same cost and you'll get a better (ips) display, much better still camera, more RAM. Plus you'll have everything integrated into a single device.
  8. Gangsta692

Gangsta692 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You say you thought about buying the iPhone 4 but then you thought about the fact that you already have one? /trolling applied to your minor error.

I'd say get the iPhone 4. I will soon, because it has so many advantages over the new iPod touch.