iPod touch 4g & iOS 4.1 question

Discussion in 'September 1, 2010 event' started by pogoyoyo, Aug 30, 2010.

1. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    pretty obvious that an ipod touch will be announced in a day, but my question is, if it is announced, does that mean it will come into production right away or in time? and do you guys think iOS 4.1 is coming september 1st or later?
  2. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    For the iOS 4.1, maybe, since it's a software update and I won't be surprised if Apple releases it on iTunes on Sep 1 itself.

However, the iPod touch is a different story altogether. It may be officially released on Sep 1 but my guess is for the US and Canada, consumers should be getting it around a week from that day, say, on Sep 7 or 8.

As for other worldwide markets, these will see gradual introductions of the iPod touch and should get the new stock at least by mid-September or towards end of the month and beyond. At least it gives the retailers overseas to have ample time to clear off their existing iPoT stock before commencing sales of the new model.
  3. bstevenhaagen

bstevenhaagen Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I heard the touch is coming Sept 8. Makes sense too..it's about a week after the event, and the day after the Mac/iPt promotion ends.
  4. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I hope that iOS 4.1 gets released ASAP, as do the JB for it.
  5. rykah

rykah Member

I agree, the speed will be great. Sure, I have a 3GS, but the smoother animations is something to look forward to.