iPod touch 4g 4.2.1 stuck on apple logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DrainBammage, Dec 6, 2010.

1. DrainBammage

DrainBammage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I jailbroke my ipod with redsn0w and i was trying to download something from cydia, when it was done i hit reboot device and its been at the apple logo for over an over now, itunes isnt recognizing it. Ive tried holding in the home and power button and i have to turn it off before i can boot it using redsn0w. What do i do? PLEASE HELP!
  2. driftkingz109

driftkingz109 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    lol try restoring your iTouch then use greenp0ison. you do know by jailbreaking your ipod its gonna void your warranty
  3. The StFu

The StFu Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    When you installed a MobileSubstrate-Addon from Cydia the iPod will stuck on the Apple Logo. Just enter DFU Mode & boot tethrered with redsn0w.
  4. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    WRONG
    You just restore and delete all your jailbroken data then send it to wherever.
  5. ivs511

ivs511 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I tried to jailbreak on 4.2 (public release) by redsn0w and Got a white colored icon-cydia which crashes whenever tapped. 4.2 sucks.
    I had to restore :( cause I hate that white colored app appearing on my homepage.
  6. DrainBammage

DrainBammage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I cant restore it cause itunes isnt recognizing it.
  7. Muhammad

Muhammad New Member

Hey here is another iPod Touch 4G 4.2.1 jailbreak untethered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEQgtZrOWIk
  8. JustGunsNRoses

JustGunsNRoses New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've found a way to restore it. It happens the same to me today, so here it comes:

1. Plug your ipod touch in the computer.

2. Open greenp0ison(if you don't have it, download it)

3. You need to follow the things he say, don't worry if it says turn the power off. If your ipod stuck at the apple logo, he will see it as off.

4. Now read carefully: When it's at the last counting, the screen will turn black and white and returns to the apple logo. Hold your homebutton. When your ipod shows the itunes-logo with the plug-in, remove the plug and close greenpois0n.

5. He will now stuck at the itunes-logo. Get the plug back in and open itunes. Now itunes will recognize your ipod touch. A message is saying that you have to restore your ipod. Follow the things he say and it will restore your ipod.

At some moments you hear the plug-out-plug-in-sound and it turns back to a black screen and the apple logo. Now don't cry, scream or jump off the roof, it turns back to the itunes logo.

I hope this works, cuz' i fixed my ipod this way 2.
  9. JoshH100

JoshH100 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    can you do that? Use greenpois0n to boot a ipod that was jailbroken with redsn0w?
  10. JustGunsNRoses

JustGunsNRoses New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, that's the way I did it, because when he stuck he'll remove immediately cydia and redsn0w and when you open iTunes he will remove everything and restore it.