ipod touch 4 can no longer open camera roll or photo library

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodtouch7, Oct 19, 2010.

1. ipodtouch7

ipodtouch7 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi. I have an ipod touch 4 that is jailbroken. I have photos in both my 'camera roll' and also the 'photo library'. Everything has been working fine. I have a few apps that add features to the photos that I've been using. I was able to view my photos/videos that I made with my camera this morning through my ipod, but then later when I tried I wasn't able to open up the 'camera roll' or the 'photo library'. I can see that I have 17 photos in the 'camera roll' and 15 in the 'photo library', but when I try to tap on them it doesn't seem to respond, like it's frozen. All other apps are working fine. I tried syncing through itunes to see if that would help, but it didn't seem to change anything. I also have a 'camera' icon. I'm able to click on one of the pictures that appears at the bottom in the gray bar. This will launch my photos/videos, and I'm able to view them there. Why am I not able to view them under the 'photos' icon any longer? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Restart your iPod, see if that helps. It might just be a memory (RAM I/O) error.
  3. ipodtouch7

ipodtouch7 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for such a quick response. By restarting did you mean to just turn it off and on? I have turned my ipod off and on and also re-syncd a few times through itunes. I'm not sure what respring means. I'm a little apprehensive to restore it b/c I have videos that I transfered from my computer to itunes so that I could have them on my ipod. After I transfered them I deleted them off my computer. I'm worried if I restore my ipod I'll loose those videos.
  4. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    If you back up before you restore (right click the iPod in the left side panel and hit back up) you should be fine. The videos shouldn't be lost. I really don't know what the problem is (I can't pin point what would cause this). If you have SBSettings, try safe mode (Active SBSettings > Power > Safe Mode; to exit, hit the words "Safe Mode" on the status bar and hit "restart"). If Safe Mode fixes it, it's a jailbreak tweak that's doing it.
  5. ipodtouch7

ipodtouch7 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thank you tinyman392. I just backed it up and am currently restoring it, and keeping my fingers crossed. I'm new to the ipod touch, so I hope I did it correctly.
  6. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    No problem, hope all goes well.

Apple makes it hard to screw up... They conveniently give you a "Restore" button. As long as you backed up before hand (iTunes warns you about this when you restore too), you should be fine. If anything goes wrong, there's a way to retrieve the videos and restore the device from the backup (That won't fail). Let me know if it doesn't restore correctly.
  7. ipodtouch7

ipodtouch7 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I really appreciate your help. I will let you know either way, just in case you're curious. I might be a little while b/c the restore process currently says 35 minutes.
  8. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    LOL... I'm going to be sleeping by then... I have a midterm tomorrow...

Please Register or Log in to view images

If you do have problems, there are lots of people on here that love to help people. If no one answers, I'll check this forum in the morning.

Please Register or Log in to view images

By the way, welcome to the forums, and don't forget to read the rules (Can't stress the rules part enough, I've seen way too many people talk about piracy... Which isn't allowed). Don't want you to get banned unknowingly.
  9. ipodtouch7

ipodtouch7 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi tinyman392. I finished restoring my ipod. Now my camera roll and photo library are working!!! I backed up my ipod before restoring like you suggested. It saved my 17 photos from my camera roll, but I lost all of my videos. During the restore process itunes asked me if I'd like to restore to my old settings or back to factory settings (like starting from new) - I can't recall the exact wording, but I picked to restore to my old settings. I tried to sync my videos to try to recover them, but it didn't work. I can see the picture of them under 'movies' in itunes, but when I try to 'play' them it says it can't play them b/c the orignial file couldn't be found. I then clicked on 'restore from backup' under my devices on the left. There was a warning that said restoring would only restore contacts, calendars, notes, and settings, so I didn't proceed with that. You had mentioned in your earlier response that if it didn't work there would be a way to retrieve the videos that wouldn't fail. Can you please tell me how to do that? Thanks for all your help. I hope your midterm goes well.
  10. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    are they in recycle bin ? the movies?