Ipod Touch 3rd Generation?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shockdocta22, Jun 21, 2009.

1. shockdocta22

shockdocta22 New Member

When is it coming out? I heard in September 2009. I had an ipod classic but it broke in early June. About two weeks ago, i went to Apple and they said it was not covered by warranty so I had to buy a new Ipod. I decided to get the Ipod Touch 2nd generation. But the guy told me not to get it, that the new generation for ipod touch was coming out next week on wednesday. On that wednesday, the new iPhone came out, but not the new Ipod Touch. Im confused, was it supposed to come out but got delayed or did the guy mess up the two...any help is appreciated thanks.
  2. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Yeah, i guess the salesperson messed up... Only the iPhone 3GS was released during the WWDC 2009 a couple of weeks back... Looks like you should go for the 2nd Generation iPod touch if you can't wait until September when the new model comes out...
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The guy screwed up. For the past 2 years, Apple has updated it's line of iPods in September. You are fine with the 2g.
  4. defiled

defiled New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If it's coming, it is going to be in September 2009.

And there'll probably be made one. Because some games, and apps will work on the 3G S, and not the iPod touch 2G, therefore they'll have to make an iPod touch, that can run the apps.
  5. shockdocta22

shockdocta22 New Member

Ok thanks guys!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    hmmmm im kinda confused though because i would think the guy knew what he was talking about when he like yelled at me not to get it, that the 3rd will be out really soon and be a lot better