iOS 4.1 iPod Touch 3rd Generation (3G), iOS 4.1, and Limera1n

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iTALIO, Oct 11, 2010.

1. iTALIO

iTALIO Guest

Hello All,
    I have an Apple iPod Touch, 3rd Generation, with iOS 4.1. It has not yet been jailbroken. I downloaded Limera1n, and tried to jailbreak it. It looks as though everything is going fine, and limera1n says 'successfully jailbroken', or something of the sort. The problem is that on my iPod, no Limera1n logo appears, and there is no limera1n application on the menu. It appears although it says it has been jailbroken, nothing has happened.

I've tried many different combinations of things, such as 'Run as Admin', running it with iTunes open, both, etc. I have the latest version of iTunes (iTunes 10.0.1.22).

Any suggestions? I'd really like to get it jailbroken.

Thanks for any and all advice.

-iTALIO
  2. applehacker

applehacker Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    clean restore and then jailbreak last option.
  3. iTALIO

iTALIO Guest

Will try again, expected no cigar.

Thanks, I've already done this, and no cigar. I'll try it again though. Any other suggestions?

-iTALIO
  4. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    If it's an 8GB Model, it won't work. If it's a 32 or 64 GB model, run it again, or restore.
  5. Da2Shae

Da2Shae Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm Assuming you have an 8GB ipod touch 3g MC model because I have the same problem.

As it turns out, the 3G 8GB MC model is the same thing as a 2G MC model. So we remain in the same boat as the 2G MC model ipod touches. Unjailbroken.

Sorry bro, we have a cursed ipod touch model lol.
    Join the rest of us in this thread... http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315965