iPod Touch 3rd generation 32GB not working! Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jonasftw, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Jonasftw

Jonasftw New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    EDIT:I removed ptpd from the MemTool blacklist and terminated it. Now my iPod works like a charm! But i have to terminate the process every time my iPod starts up. Any ideas how to get a permanent fix? If you ever get this problem, AS SOON AS YOUR IPOD STARTS UP DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL MemTool FROM CYDIA. The iPod will probably crash again after the installation. Boot it up again and this time go to iFile(Download it if you haven't got it in the same way as you downloaded MemTool). In iFile, go to root/applications/MemTool.app and edit the ProcList.XML. COMPLETELY REMOVE THE ROW WITH THE WORD "ptpd". You can now terminate this process in MemTool! And voila, you can now use your iPod again!

Hi guys!
    Today I was in my bed playing with my iPod Touch 3rd Generation 32GB Jailbroken(With Blackra1n). I was browsing Failblog. I didn't really notice that the battery level was critically low, so my iPod Touch shut down; automatically.
    3 hours later I tried to start my iPod Touch again using Blackra1n. I did notice that it took a quite long time to boot it up, normally blackra1n would make my iPod Touch boot in 1 minute, but this time it took 5 minutes or so.
    Well, my iPod Touch booted. As soon as my iPod Touch booted i saw that the RAM was decreasing rapidly, from 120 MB to 10 MB. When it reached 10 MB my iPod Touch just freeze and rebooted ending up in the "connect to iTunes screen". So i opened Blackra1n again and the same thing happened. I have no idea why this is happening; according to SBSettings no apps were working in the background, but the RAM was still @ 10 mb. What the heck is happening with my iPod Touch?
    And I don't want to restore my iPod!

EDIT:I found out that the process "ptpd" is draining all the memory. Here comes a picture:

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Are you using rock?
  3. Jonasftw

Jonasftw New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Nope, but i did install it 1month ago, but i removed it directly. I am currently using cydia and icy.
  4. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Um as soon as u boot up, keep randomly freeing ur memory

or

GO INTO SAFE MODE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS
  5. Jonasftw

Jonasftw New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1) I have tried randomly freeing memory. It didn't work

Please Register or Log in to view images

2) How do i get into safe mode?
  6. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Open SBSettings, then click on power, then Safe Mode in the pop-up.
  7. Jonasftw

Jonasftw New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay, thanks! I will try this tomorrow as it's quite late over here.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Safe mode didn't work. I got into safe mode, but the same thing happened, the RAM went to a critically low level causing my iPod Touch to crash.