IPOD TOUCH 3rd GEN WON'T TURN ON!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by monkey1883, Jun 12, 2010.

1. monkey1883

monkey1883 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    OK, this is some serious sh*t!! Over my 2 1/2 years of using iPod touches, I haven't encountered an issue this serious! Here's the story. Today was my Mom's birthday, so i didn't really use my iPod until her and my dad went out for the day. I checked some stuff on it after i was done with my shower, while preparing to go to the store to get her a gift. And yes, my hands were dry and i didnt get any water on it. when i left 10-15 minutes later, i slipped it into my pocket. This is where it remained, all day. I was sitting on the couch and decided to use it. To my surprise, it wouldn't turn on. I assumed that the battery was dead, so i went to plug it into my wall charger. No dice. This is where is started to panic. i tried every tactic to get it to turn on. It won't charge, it isn't detected by the computer, and I'm scared as hell! The reason being, is that it IS jailbroken, and I'm worried that it is a hardware issue and that i'll have to send it in for repairs, and find that Apple won't do anything and that my warranty is void. I also do not want it replaced, due to the fact that I have a lot on it that i don't want to lose, which includes two, recently purchased songs that aren't yet on my computer.

ANY help will be GREATLY appreciated, and sorry for the long read!
  2. Dc14573

Dc14573 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    have you tried turning on the ipod ehile holding the power and home button?
  3. monkey1883

monkey1883 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes, i have. So far nothing works AT ALL. Just to clarify one thing, i know for a fact that it is not charging, because my wall charger has an indicator light that shows if it's charging or not
  4. Dc14573

Dc14573 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What im thinking right now is that it could be maybe your ipod cable is faulty or maybe even the connector in the ipod it's self.
  5. monkey1883

monkey1883 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know that the cable isn't faulty. It's pretty much brand new, and I tested it with my old first gen
  6. Dc14573

Dc14573 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    When you hold the power and home button does the ipod show the low battery sign?
  7. monkey1883

monkey1883 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    nope. screen never even lights up
  8. Dc14573

Dc14573 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You said your computer doesn't recognize the ipod? Was the ipod thethered or untethered?
  9. monkey1883

monkey1883 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    untethered. Yea, the computer doesn't even recognize that the iPod is plugged in.
  10. Dc14573

Dc14573 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well right now all i can think of is that it might actually be the battery or maybe even the ipod is stuck in DFU mode. Have you tried to see if Geohot's Blackra1n recognizes your ipod?