ipod touch 3rd gen + skype + mifi =

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Yaujta, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Yaujta

Yaujta New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    iphone for a whole lot cheaper ?
    just use bluetooth headphones with mic to make free calls thru skype

anyone tried this?
  2. Shamko

Shamko Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    someone tried using a bt headset on a touch... no luck
  3. shamim57

shamim57 New Member

I saw someone posted a long time ago a very small griffith (company) mic that you attach to the dock of the ipod touch. So that would solve it. But isnt MiFi like $50-70? I would ratherly just buy a locked iphone and then unlock it with Blackra1n and put my own service on it (probrobly would be Tmobile).
  4. wvcachi

wvcachi New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This is an ancient thread, but I just started doing the touch + Skype + Mifi thing and am very pleased.

The only caveat I'd add is that most guides recommend using Cydia apps Insomnia or KeepAwake to prevent wifi from disconnecting in sleep mode, but these apps mess with your audio and make your all-important external microphone temporarily unusable . . . My solution was to disable auto-lock ('Settings'>'General') and get the Cydia app ScreenDimmer to turn the screen off while keeping wifi on.

Works great for me!
  5. iphoner

iphoner New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is it possible to use skype with a BT wireless headset on an iPod touch 3rd gen without MiFi? I recently jailbroke my iPod but I can't seem to find anything on connecting BT headset to iPod touch. I installed BtStack but what next? I was really hoping to use skype with my BT so I don't have to dig out my earphones every time I need to use skype.