Ipod touch 3rd gen jailbreaker?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Fwission, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Fwission

Fwission New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey so the new 3.1.3 patch came out so this is the perfect time to ditch blackra1n and pick up something untethered. I have a 3rd generation Ipod(just found out!) So I'm wondering any jailbreakers coming out for 3g untethered?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

If you've got a 2G, redsn0w will do untethered boot on 3.1.2. It WON'T do untethered with the newer 3GS or Touch 3G though.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    MC model is a 3rd gen. You can run blackra1n or the newest redsn0w and jailbreak, but you will be tethered still.
  4. nman13

nman13 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So my friend try's to jailbreak his new 3rd gen 8gig 3.1.2 ipod touch, and it completely freaks out and says to connect to iTunes. I think "ok whatev. we just rejailbreak. this works, but every time he connects to iTunes he has to rejailbreak. What the heck is this all about. is there something about the 3rd gens that are jailbreak proof? Now his iPod is completely unresponsive to anything. Obviously, sending it back is NOT an option. Is there a way that I can access the root of his iPod using Iphone Browser or Diskaid and tear off his firmware and reinstall it like sort of a hard restore to factory settings?