Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Ipod Touch 3rd Gen Bluetooth problems???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mdr279, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Mdr279

Mdr279 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey,
    My brother and I each got a 3rd Gen Ipod Touch 32gb for Christmas. Before we got it we had heard about peer to peer gaming using bluetooth. Just to start we turned our bluetooth on and tried to search for other devices. Out of the many times we have tried, my brother has only found our home phone. Am I meant to be able to find my brothers Ipod on your my Ipod and vice-versa? So we downloaded a photo sharing app that uses bluetooth and I was successfully able to transfer a photo to his Ipod. The next day we tried again but on both Ipods it said it was trying to connect to the other one for ages. Then we tried peer to peer gaming with multiple games and they say it shouldn't take more than 30 seconds. We are never able to connect. We both have firmware 3.1.2. Is this normal?
    Sorry for ranting.
    Thanks
  2. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    reboot both and turn bluetooth on/off try again - sometimes it hangs....like any other device (pcs for example :D)
  3. Mdr279

Mdr279 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    We have done that multiple times as we turn our bluetooth off to save battery and turn our touches off at night.
  4. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    are you jailbroken? (if that means nothing to you then you aren't ;) )
    if not that is NOT normal try a few times and try a firmware restore (use search or google) if it doesn't work out after that try to find the bad one I don't think both are stuck up it should only be one^^
    exchange this one
  5. Mdr279

Mdr279 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    None of us are jailbroken but what I don't understand is that his bluetooth was able to find a cordless phone and mine wasn't, but I was able to send him a photo. And what does a firmware restore involve?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Also should we be able to find each other when searching for bluetoth.
    Sorry for another post but is this what I need to do: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414
    Thanks
    Something weird has happened. We used the photo sharing app to see if it does work. Now the app every time transfers a photo and the bluetooth symbol on both Ipods goes from grey to blue. The after that we can do peer to peer gaming. But for some weird reason I think it like turns off sometimes when we get out of the app. Then we have to photo share again to like 'activate' bluetooth. Even bluetooth is on and searching it's like the photo sharing activates it.
  6. Mkhcb

Mkhcb Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Really the answer depends on a lot of things.
    1) Bluetooth was meant for stereo headsets only.
    2) Now apps have been able to exploit the bluetooth to enable picture and contact sharing.
    3) Typically to have a device detect another you will have to jailbreak both devices.
    4) It probably detects your phone, because you phone probably has built in stereo speakers.
    5) If a p2p game is on the ipt, then you should connect to your brother's ipt via the game settings (seeing how it probably has an encoded backdoor, enabling p2p gaming.

Hope I could help.