ipod touch 3gen question..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eKoKnight, Dec 12, 2009.

1. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

II was thinking here... What kind of graphic card does the ipod touch 3gen have. Surely we all know its not the nvidia card... And which has better graphics the ipod touch or the zune hd in gaming??? Just like to know if anyone.. I was going to ask this like three days ago but kept forgetting lol.

edit:
    Does the ipod touch use the PowerVR SGX GPU or just the iphone. And which is better that or the nvidia graphic card on the zune hd?
  2. Krew_92

Krew_92 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The iPhone 3Gs and iPod touch 3g both have the same graphics! Which is cool, I say the Zune has better graphics, BUT nothing too drastic the iPod can't do, or resemble. Since OpenGL ES 2.0 seems pretty powerful.
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Its a PowerMBX card (or something like that; google).
  4. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Its a PowerVR SGX 535 and its a bit better than the Zune's card, but not by much. It has a better CPU though. The Zune basically has a iPod 1G CPU clocked at 600 but the 3G has a 600 MHz CPU but is 3-4 times more efficient then the 1G CPU and has 256 times larger L2 cache and 4 times larger L1.
    Ipod- ARM Cortex a-8 @ 600 MHz (up to 833) and 256 kb l2 and 100 MHz bus.
    Zune- ARM11 @ 600 MHz and no L2 and 66 MHz bus.
  5. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

Thanks guysi just wantedto know this info sincei never knew and I hadeto find out. Once again thanks everyone.

Please Register or Log in to view images