Ipod Touch 3G ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Killerpwnedxx, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Killerpwnedxx

Killerpwnedxx New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just made a very intresting discovery on walmarts website id like to make sure what im seeing is correct and what im thinking. Im not the smartest person with ipods at the moment so im searching for someones help. On the page with the ipod touchs it says "Apple iPod Touch 8GB, 3rd Gen (Newest model)"

Does that mean there 3G now? I don`t quite understand the hole gen thing but here is the link for anyone that might help give me the right answer appericate it to.

Got one more question to what is the bluetooth for?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12510109
  2. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    According to Apple, the (current model) iPod Touch 8GB is just an 'UPDATED' version of the 2nd Generation.

So, technically, it's still the 2nd Generation.
    However, it's commonly referred to as a 3rd Generation device, although officially, it's not.

Unlike the new, 3rd Generation 32GB & 64GB models, which have an upgraded processor.
  3. The 3G iPod touch came out on september 9. However, only the 32 and 64gb are 3rd gen iPods with faster processors. Don't be tricked into paying more for a "3rd gen" 8gb touch.
  4. Killerpwnedxx

Killerpwnedxx New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well im only gonna get a 8GB now i don`t really need 32GB or 64GB seeing that the apps arent big at all. At this moment with the holidays coming up i don`t got $300-$400 to throw for a ipod. Thanks tho i kinda figured the processor wouldnt be upgraded that much or at all compared to the 32GB and 64GB models it would be almost pointless besides the hdd space to get one of them. But thats fine with me dealing with a little slower hardware wont kill me.