Ipod Touch 3g with IGPS360

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jonguyen11, Apr 27, 2010.

1. jonguyen11

jonguyen11 New Member

So I've managed to downgrade the ipod touch 3g to 3.1.2 then did the jailbreak for it. Installed GPSSerial 1.3 and downloaded TOMTOM 1.3. For some reason TomTom doesn't see the gps receiver and keeps asking to connect to gps. Is there something I missed? This receiver works fine with my ipod touch 1g, so that's not the problem.
  2. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I think Tom Tom only supports their GPS receiver... I may be wrong, but it seems likely.
  3. jonguyen11

jonguyen11 New Member

Nah, I've used my ipod touch 1g with the igps360 and it works 100% fine with the TomTom.
  4. yeahbooy

yeahbooy New Member

ipod touch 1G to use with GPS

Hi Jon,
    I too am trying to use GPS with my iPod Touch 1G which I just updated to 3.1.2 and jailbroke with Blackra1n. Would you please share your experience getting GPS to work with it? In addition to the iGPS360 device and the TomTom application, did you have to also install GPSserial 1.3? Any insight on getting this to work would go a long way for me.

BTW, I'm realizing now that you posted this back in April, and I wonder if after 6 months a newer version of the iGPS360 has come out or GPSserial if I even need it.

Thank you in advance.
  5. memo90061

memo90061 Member

I would like more information on this. I am thinking about the IGPS360. I will be travelling to Mexico in January.