iPod Touch 3G with 3G network

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mapple, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Mapple

Mapple New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    For integrating FaceTime being able to use 3G the same way as the iPad. This would be unbeliave break though 3G network and two camera's would revolution how we Think about Mobile playingdevice's. This would slay All competition.
  2. JailBreakIP3G

JailBreakIP3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wrong section.
  3. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    x2... and I don't think they would do that without releasing Wireless N first.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

So... it would be an iPhone...
  5. Gman4354

Gman4354 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm not trying to be rude, but that's just stupid! I mean seriously? If you want an iPod touch with a 3G network then buy an iPhone!

The point of an iPod touch is to have a mobile device like the iPhone, but without the monthly fees of a data network. Apple would probably laugh at the guy that presented the idea to include a 3G data network in the iPod touch.
  6. sanga282

sanga282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ITT its not cuz im pretty sure he mistyped the title, he'd be retarded to think the iPod touch 3G could get the 3G network seeing as how it has no antenna
  7. metakirbyknight

metakirbyknight New Member

I'd like the option. I'd probably not get it, but I'd like the choice.

And the point of the iPod touch (to me at least) is so I can have a pseudo-iPhone that's not on AT&T.

Better yet, come out with an iPod touch with WiMax on Sprint and let me share my plan between the Evo and the iPod touch. (I can dream, right?)
  8. Mchief298

Mchief298 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Think iPad before posting that...

The iPod Touch was made because people envied the capabilities of the iPhone. I don't see anything wrong with implementing a 3G data plan in future touches.. For the reason that it would generally cost LESS than the data plan of the iphone, and you'd have internet access anywhere you went. Not everyone has a smart phone, or they have a phone with limited capabilities. If apple were to bring 3G to the iPods, they would slowly generate a higher income, and it would be decent for their business. The downside? Sales of the iPhone would go down, and it would add more users to the 3G network, taking up more and more of the closely lost 3G network that is AT&T.
  9. metakirbyknight

metakirbyknight New Member

Apple wouldn't care-
    (conversation with AT&T)
    (source)

The Apple employee said later,

Plus, AT&T would be dead without the iPhone, and will die when someone else gets it. Or if this were to happen, I know what I'd do, use this and a crappy Verizon feature phone.
  10. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    cant you limit 3G anyway? and i doubt apple would put in a phone app anyway. i can see 3G but ONLY for things like gaming on the go, or downloading apps, etc.