ipod touch 3g vs. iphone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aalwani, Dec 13, 2009.

1. aalwani

aalwani New Member

Hi guys,

so I want to get an ipod touch 3G. but im still wondering if i should get the iphone 3gs. My budget doesnt allow me to get the iphone, i just need to know what am i losing by not getting the iphone. so basically what are the main differences in term of user experience between the two. I know the ipod doesnt have gps, camera or comapass. 3G connection is not a problem. what type of applications will i lose (stuff related to proximity, compass, gps ?) is it worth not to buy the ipod because of these things, and wait till i have enough money to buy an iphone? thanks.
  2. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Just get the iPod touch 3G, it's faster then the 3GS (I have both). Plus, if it's not in your budget then I wouldn't consider it. Also, if your iPhone gets stolen or lost, then you lose a phone and an iPod. If you lose the iPod touch, your lose an iPod and not a phone.
  3. aalwani

aalwani New Member

thanks for the reply. however i need to know what i might be losing? Maybe im buying the touch for the wrong reasons. Im confused :S
  4. Krew_92

Krew_92 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you buy the iPod touch 3G you will have all the features say like the iPhone EXCEPT Internal Mic, Large Speaker, Vibrate, Phone, GPS, and the ability to use the internet anywhere with like a data plan you will need wi-fi for the iPod. Hope I helped! Oh and the Camera too.
  5. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    but you have internet basically everywhere, GPS, camera and compass with the iPhone..
  6. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if you already have a cellphone, and perhaps a compass then you want the ipod
    if you dont, or simply are being curious, wait for the iphone
  7. Krew_92

Krew_92 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You may also want to wait for the iPhone 4G, and by the time you accumulate all the money, you might have enough for it?
  8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Do you need a phone? iPhone.

Do you needan iPod? iPod touch.
  9. aalwani

aalwani New Member

what im interested to know is the applications i would lose. like my friend showed me yesterday a metal detector (i dunno why the hell would i use it) or locating the nearest open pharmacies (can I use GPS with wifi to use this?) and some augmented reality applications. Are there a lot of applications that use these features that cannot work on the iPod?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    well i have a phone, Nokia E71, and found out about an application that can make your 3G connection a Wifi Hotspot which means on the iPod touch open connection all the time.
  10. Krew_92

Krew_92 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well if you would want the nearest location feature, you would need the iPhone, since you would only be able to use this such feature at HOME Wi-Fi OR somewhere were there is Wi-Fi signal, with the iPod.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well for a while I wanted an iPhone 3Gs but was an impossible thing since I have T-Mobile. I know they sell unlocked ones....for like 700-900....So yeah I read and read, and found that I didn't really need the iPhone! The iPod touch 3G was FASTER,SLIMMER, and had an FM transmitter that could be unlocked next year (maybe) And if you look at it, the iPod touch 3G has Voice control, one of the features the 3Gs has, which is pretty cool.