iPhone 3G iPod Touch 3G vs iPhone 3G GO!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LXZ, Oct 9, 2009.

1. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Between the brand new iPod Touch, or and older 3G iPhone that is unlocked but will have no service.. which one is worth the money? I already know the iPod Touch outclasses the 3g iPhone in graphics and speed.. but I just want some other peoples opinions.
  2. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    iPhone. Camera, Mic, 3G, PWN.
  3. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Like I said, I won't be getting service on the iPhone so 3G does not count.
    What about future games ,will they drop support for older hardware like the 3G and stuff.. I don't want to loose out on performance just for a camera and mic.
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iPod touch 3G. Having an iPhone is useless if you can't even use the phone/3G. It's not nearly as fast as the iPod touch 3G and will not run games as well.
    The iPod touch 3G has twice the RAM of the iPhone 3G, so it will run just about anything on the app store just fine.
  5. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Depends on what you want to use it for..... If you want the phone, camera and such then dont start with the iPod Touch but take the iPhone.
  6. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i was in the same position. in my opinion, it really matters on if you play a lot of games. i play basically none, so i chose the iphone with the camera and mic over the ipod with the blazing speed. my main apps are apps like FML, iLaugh, and ICHC, so nothing that uses a lot of processing power. if i played a lot of games, i would have considered the touch more seriously.
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Depends if you see yourself using the Mic and Camera a lot..
    But since you wont have service, an iPhone will be like an iPod touch thats 50% thicker and a bit heavier
    iPod touch = 8.5mm thick, 4.05 ounces
    iPhone = 12.3mm thick, 4.8 ounces
  8. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    oh yeah, remember that the iphone's a brick compared to the touch. it feels good on your hand though, in my opinion.
  9. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    iPhone without service is pretty much useless..I mean that's the meaning if it, internet wherever you go. And for future games the ipt3g all the way. I mean 3G iPhone is f*cking SLOW. very slow

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Phoebe

Phoebe New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Personally I would go with the iPhone. My reason on top of the camera and voice recording is because I like to watch videos and listen to music without headphones. The iPhone speaker is like 75% louder than the iTouch because it has an actual speaker.

Another thing to think about is even if you aren't going to be using the iPhone as a phone right now, it is always an option if something happens to your current phone/service.