Ipod touch 3g Untethered jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 1nf1n1tyX2, Dec 25, 2009.

1. 1nf1n1tyX2

1nf1n1tyX2 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I realize that there are many threads already saying there is no untethered jailbreak for 3G IPT, but i was wondering.. is it even possible? When can we expect it to come? I don't want to re jailbreak every time it dies

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Then don't let it die.....No offense, but I think you can charge it up before it completely dies everyday. I manage to do it.
  3. 1nf1n1tyX2

1nf1n1tyX2 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You are probably right, but it still seems like it would be a big hassle. Every time you turn it off or restart you gotta plug it back into your pc? I understand where you are coming from, but i am constantly on the go, and it would be hard to manage plugging into my pc every time i get a Cydia app

4. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, I haven't jailbroken my ipod touch 3rd gen, so I don't know how much of an issue it is. With my second gen, I've downloaded what I need from Cydia [legally], so when I go out, I'm ready, not needing to download anything more on the go. Maybe that would work? Just download all of the [legal] apps you need when you have access to a computer and maybe there won't be an issue?
  5. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ive got mine tethered and i have no problems at all, i never turn my ipod off
  6. iPod_M0d

iPod_M0d Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    greenpois0n is supposed to come out soon, and its supposed to be untethered jailbreak for all devices
  7. andreww

andreww New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've got a 2g, so its untethered, but I've never had it run completely down, nor have I needed to power it off. I'm so unconcerned about it that I just jailbroke my sons brand new 3G with blackra1n.
  8. 1nf1n1tyX2

1nf1n1tyX2 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i checked out Greenpois0n and i think thats my best bet. I guess i just wait at this point

9. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    why are you restarting every time you get a cydia app. repsringing does just as good without having to run blackr1an
  10. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have been reading alot of the posts on the Chronic Dev (makers of greenpois0n) blog and their various twitter accounts.
    Originally, they said that they would release before the end of 2009. They then held a "vote" on their blog asking if people would rather release now or wait untill July 2010 for the release of the new iPhone models, to ensure apple could not patch the JailBreak before the release. The general consensus seemed to be that most people (apart from all the kids whinging at them to release now) wanted to wait for the release and have a 0 day jailbreak for the new iPhone.
    However, they never actually said what they decided on.
    Then, posixninja said on his twitter that they would not be releasing untill the new iPhone (source).
    But yesterday, this was posted by the Chronic team on their Twitter, which implies they are still trying to release before the end of 2009, and asap after that if they cannot.

Either way, just jailbreak with Blackra1n. I got a new 3g touch yesterday, and jailbroke it the same day. I was pretty much a complete noob (although i had spent time reading a lot of info on jailbreaking etc before i bought the iPod.
    Being tethered makes absolutely no difference. If you set the iPod up correctly whilst at your computer, you should not need to reboot while away. Even better, install SBSettings and you can just respring instead of rebooting most of the time anyway.
    Keep it charged up and don't mess with stuffn you don't understand when not at your PC and you will be absolytely fine with tethered.