iPod Touch 3G Theory.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ragarland, Sep 9, 2009.

1. ragarland

ragarland New Member

Okay, I know most of you already have thought this, but just for me to voice my views here is my theory.

Okay, so no camera in the 3G. Why? Well, rumour has it that there was a problem with the cameras in the 1st batches of the 3G. So, I reckon apple has been clever. They have completely scrapped the camera idea in the touch and left it for the nano. This will boost nano sells by millions probably. As for the touch 3G, well I know for a fact there are also millions still willing to pay - even though there is no camera/major hardware changes.

To finalise about the camera rumour. I do believe there was a camera and that they have scrapped it - for now. It will come back though, and I hope with a huge punch behind it! A camera, more hardware changes, colours etc. When? I have no clue some time in 2010. In a years time? Probably, but maybe in 6 months or even closer. Yes people that bought the new iPod Touch 3G now will be bummed. But I don't think it will damage apples selling rate as everyone who didn't buy the 3G now will almost definately buy the next Touch.

Peace.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It was a good move by Apple to not put a camera in the Touch and upgrade the Nano a lot more. You want all of your products to sell well not just one.
  3. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Adding a camera will affect iPhone sales due to iPod touch being TOO much like an iPhone..
  4. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't think they will have a new one any time soon and i do believe there was supposed to be a camera.
  5. iCrosoft

iCrosoft New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't think so. I think that if they'd planned to put a camera on the Touch, they would have and not changed their minds at the last minute. But um, yeah. I would have thought they could have at least put in some sort of NEW feature for their NEW iPod, forgive me for expecting as much. The LED sounds a little interesting, assuming that's even true. But even if that IS true, it doesn't beat OLED, which the Zune HD has.

And right now, the worst part is that, assuming people weren't lying, the 8GB doesn't even get a speed increase. And because they got rid of the 16GB, if I want any sort of improved feature, I'd have to pay $299 for the 32GB, which I don't need and can't afford. :/

The one good thing is that EVERYONE ended up looking like an idiot, so no one has to feel bad.

Please Register or Log in to view images

And also, to the people saying "EVERYONE HAS A CAMERA ON THEIR CELL DURR DURR DURR." No, they do not. I know plenty of people that don't even have cell phones, and a lot more have phones without cameras. I only recently got a cellphone and it doesn't have a camera. Most of the ones that DO have cameras have pretty suckish quality. Most of the people here already have MP3 players, yet they want (or wanted) to buy a newer one.

EDIT: And now that I think about it, should Apple even call it a third generation? They barely did anything to it. :/
  6. Duykur

Duykur Banned

camera + ipod touch = expensive
  7. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    i agree 100%. and its easy to understand apple not wanting the touch to be an iphone without the at&t contract.

i know 90 percent of the people here have cameras on their cell phones. personally i dont understand why they have such a hard on for having two cameras in their pockets.
  8. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It does seem like Apple changed there mind at the last minute. The cases for the iPod touch 3G were removed from best buys website.
  9. Duykur

Duykur Banned

you can't just "Change your mind" last minute, after millions of dollars worth of products have been produced.
  10. Lord Faucon

Lord Faucon New Member

Well I don't think people want to wait any longer to buy a PMS at this point and are just going to buy the iPod Touch 3G without camera, Zune HD, or Zii Egg. Especially those who have been waiting for this day for so long.