iPod touch 3G theory

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rileyman, May 16, 2009.

1. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think that there is a possibility that if there is a new iPod touch coming out that it will have a camera. Why do I think this? Because of this:

Please Register or Log in to view images

The Nintendo DSi has a camera and it has sold a lot. Apple would possibly want to rival that, and if they wanted a chance for it to be compared it would need a camera, seeing that the DSi now plays music files.
  2. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i'd say its a good bet. i mean, what else would they add to the touch? besides a phone (for the obvious reason), there's nothing much to add to the thing.
  3. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

The iPod Touch has better sound quality IIRC. Plus, would you really lug around a DSi to listen to music?
  4. victorseif

victorseif New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would like the new touch not only have a camera but a camcorder but if it has that then why not just get the iphone
  5. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Already did....

Edit: *Pulls out lotion*
  6. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My little sister has all of her Hannah Montana songs on it.
  7. pss

pss New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Apple may wish to reposition the iPod line as a set of devices that produce your media in addition to managing it. So don't consider the idea of an iPod Touch with a camera far-fetched.
  8. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

Apple may put in a camera in the new iPod Touch. That is if there is a new iPod Touch.
  9. Spool

Spool New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I wouldn't be surprised if they add a camera to the next touch but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't either. We just purchased a DSi for my son's birthday in June but haven't opened it yet. My other son has a DS lite. The DSi is just an upgraded DS lite with the addition of TWO cameras and a couple of "channels" similar to what the Wii has (internet channel, "DS Ware" etc.) IMO the ipod touch and the DSi play to two different crowds. The DSi is definitely aimed towards kids and is more of a "toy". The touch is much more useful for things besides entertainment and is just a much sleeker device IMO.

I just don't really see people cross shopping between the Ipod and the DS.
  10. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I cross shop the iPod touch with the DS and PSP all the time. Its a decision people make: which handheld to buy? With iPod being the most expensive, of course it is better, psp in the middle and ds being the cheapest. It's always a hard decision for people, and it IS a competition. There are supporting crowds from all sides.

I doubt they will incorporate a camera. If they did, it would be EXACTLY like the iphone, minus the voice/phone. EXACTLY. What else would be different? They want to sell them as two separate products. The DSi's camera is no threat.