iOS 4.1 Ipod Touch 3G stuck at apple loading screen after custom snowbreeze 4.1 restore

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jmoe316, Sep 25, 2010.

1. jmoe316

jmoe316 New Member

Hello,

Not sure if anyone has successfully jailbroken an ipod touch 3g.

I am able to downgrade to 3.1.2. I have tried creating the custom 4.1 firmware both before jailbreaking with blackra1n and after.

Either way I get the snowbreeze logo with iBooty. I've copied the kernel, ibec and devtree files and renamed appropriately and am able to restore the snowbreeze custom 4.1 firmware through iTunes. The progress bar goes all the way to the end and it reboots with the apple logo and the spinning loading icon thing.

This is where it ends. The loading icon spins into infinite and never actually finishes loading.

Is everyone else having the same problem? I have tried putting it into restore mode and using the "Boot It" option on iBooty but that doesn't work.

Using:
    - iPod Touch 3G 32GB
    - Snowbreeze 2.0.1 both before and after blackra1n jailbreak on 3.1.2
    - iBooty 1.7 that gets created with snowbreeze.

Thoughts?

Thanks
  2. hacker123

hacker123 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    according to me ur lucky as u got ipod on 3.1.2 i got my ipt 3g 64 gb on 3.1.3 so i'm unable to downgrade
    and no ideas on how to jb using snowbreeze
  3. blAck_LiLies

blAck_LiLies Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    its good i read your post before jailbreaking with sn0wbreeze. i have an ipod touch 3G myself 32GB 3.1.2 JB with Spirit... and was wondering if anyone has successfully JB with sn0wbreeze. i read about spirit2pwn but seems like people are also having issues with that. but do i have to be JB with blackra1n before restoring to the custom firmware sn0wbreeze made? and what is iBooty? i didn't see that in the tutorial.. do i also need that?

Please Register or Log in to view images

well i hope someone helps you with your problem there jmoe316

Please Register or Log in to view images

----------
    EDIT: i just saw iBooty
  4. jhnwoo

jhnwoo New Member

same condition...
    using iPod touch 3G 32GB...
    no matter 3.1.2 jailbroken or not...
    manage to use iBooty 1.7 to get in restore custom firmware screen... (without this screen, iTunes will return error 1600)
    after restoring custom firmware, the spinning icon never stop...
    iBooty 1.7 - "Boot It!" never work...
  5. m21rt

m21rt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Before jailbreakme, i was using sn0wbreeze to jailbreak my 3g ipod touch. You do not have to jailbreak with blackra1n before restoring, but i did have some problems with the latest version of ibooty. Ibooty 1.6 worked fine. I'm not sure how different the process is with 4.1 though.
  6. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I have heard that putting your own custom boot logo will screw it up. Also try booting it up with booty call.
  7. red12355

red12355 New Member

I'm having the same problem. Has anybody actually gotten Snowbreeze to work on a 3rd gen? The snowbreeze website says it works, but there's no instructions or anything.
  8. tw23

tw23 Community Development Staff Member

upgrade jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.6 (if u have a mac) which is 100x better