iPod Touch 3G Remote Control

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by matssee, Nov 24, 2009.

1. matssee

matssee New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've just gotten an iPod Touch 3G.

There's one really annoying thing though: I want to be able to operate the music without looking at the screen, for example when I listen to music in bed, when I'm driving or just have the iPod in my pocket. The touch screen makes that impossible.

Can anyone recommend a remote with play/pause and next/previous? No problem if it's wired.

I've googled, but the hits seem a bit scetchy, and there is no mention whatsoever about compatibility with the iPod touch (let alone 3G).

Thanks,
    Mats
  2. iPhone_Anyone?

iPhone_Anyone? New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Just get the offical apple remote headphones. works great with my 3GS and it solves what you are asking for. It also is a mic with volume + and -. To control it, just press the center button once and your music will start playing. pinch it two times and it will fastfoward/next track. Pinch 3 times and it will rewind/go back one track.so it ends up being a great product. You can see it here. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB770G/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0Ng&mco=MTA4NTA2ODU
  3. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A better solution might be an addon by Belkin or Scosche. I use the Scosche TapLine accessory. It is a small (3-4 inches cable) that plugs into your headphone jack of the iPod. You then plug any headphones you want into the other end. The TapLine cable offers volume control, play/pause, and track skipping, easily done by feel. I love it because 1) I can use it by feel in the car, my pocket, etc. 2) I can use it with any of my headphones 3) if my headphones break, I can still use it with others, and 4) it's cheap! $20 and you can even buy it at Walmart!

Another option is the Griffin Navigate, which I also own. It has all the same features with the addition of FM radio with presets. It has a great display that shows your artist and track name when playing your iPod music. There are three downsides, however: 1)it's powered by your iPod so it drains the battery a bit, 2)the cord is really long - like 3 feet or something! and 3) it's pricey ($35 new), but if you want to add FM radio and remote, it might be worth it.

My two cents,
    D
  4. matssee

matssee New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for your tips!

I think I'll check dlstc's suggestions out, since I have a good pair of headphones I want to continue using.

Mats
  5. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Griffin sell a remaote control kit that snaps on your steering wheel too. How much are u looking to spend?
  6. Chris Fogarty

Chris Fogarty New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I use this cheap solution from BuyiJet, it's an external remote control and it works pretty well with most of apple devices. Here is the link: http://goo.gl/TrRGc Hope it's helpful. Thanks!