iPod touch 3G or wait for camera model?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kevipapo1, Sep 19, 2009.

1. kevipapo1

kevipapo1 New Member

Hey, I've got a 1G iPod touch, early adopted, waited with extreme patience for the jailbreak, been through the whole process of the hacking...Anyway, my question is very basic: should I get the new iPod touch? For most of my gaming I use my PSP when it's portable stuff, but the real reason the speed upgraded would come in handy is that run speeds and load speeds on my 1G simply suck. I'd love faster speed on that stuff, and using Backgrounder would be nice too, essentially the whole "Web OS" idea from the Pre would be there, no need for Push Notifications. Also, this whole debackle about the camera...I really want one. I have a cell phone, but having it on my iPod would make my life much easier, because I never sync my phone's pictures, and I'm always syncing my iPod, or using the WiFi, and I can use that to upload them on Facebook or other sites. So a future model and expected release date, if any, of an iPod touch with a camera would be nice. Will it really be in the next month, or next year?
  2. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    The 3G is a nice upgrade from a 1g, thats what I upgraded from. Especially if you need more storage.

I wouldn't hold your breath on waiting for a camera on the touch. It's going to be another year before a new touch comes out, and even next year I would not expect a camera on the touch.
  3. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

This. People expecting a camera soon haven't gotten over the fact that it's not coming this year

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. synchac

synchac New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't care if it will be added a camera or not.

For me it's worth updating... cheaper, voice control, & faster
  5. Sups

Sups New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Get it.. NOW!
  6. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ive got a 1g and i couldnt give a crap if it has a camera or not, you people need to realise, old stevie did what he thought was best and if that meant no camera, dont get hung up on it... im getting a 3rd gen in 2 weeks!!!
  7. stxyzthipod

stxyzthipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would get the 3g now.
  8. wtfiwantgames

wtfiwantgames Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i would wait, because i could wait another year, if you upgrade now, there is no going back, i have the 1g like you, im going to wait for next september for it, or maybe there is no camera, but will all apple do is faster speed? i think they just want to hold the camera back because there will be more upgrade for the ipod touch for next few years
  9. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i dont think there will ever be a camera, i can see them upgrading speed and graphics and wifi but i dont think there is much need for one. on a nano yes maybe because it has no appstore, no utilities. the ipod is fine as it is with the 3rd gen so if you wait you could be waiting forever
  10. Zelda4Touch

Zelda4Touch Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    get an iPhone