Ipod touch 3g or 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by raxater, Jan 11, 2010.

1. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi everyone, as seen on all of my post

Please Register or Log in to view images

, i had a 8go 2rd gen ipod touch, but, i wanted a 3RD GEN, and its only available on 32go and 64go, so i wanna know should i return my ipod to have the 32go 3g one? or shall i wait for the 4g generation getting out on summer(camera included). to answer me please tell me if ipod touch 3g 32go has a microphone ON it and many other features that it got more than the 8go 2g ipod touch. PLEASE ANSWER SOON, (YEAH ITS URGENT AGAIN)

2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    32gb and 64 don't have a built in mic. The headphones come with a mic.

Go into settings>general>about>model if its MC you have a 3gen. If it's a MB is a 2gen.
  3. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OMFG ITS A MC!!!!!

but, i got a battery info app that says that my device is a 2gen, its called battery magic...
  4. Tkf1

Device:
    iPad mini
    Battery Magic does that to me as well.
  5. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Dont get to exited, 3rd gen 8gb ipod touches have the EXACT SAME HARDWARE as the 2nd gen

the only difference is that the 8gb 3rd gen has patched boot room which mean you have to deal with a tethered jailbreak wich sucks for you

also the 3rd gen 8gb ipod touch has less battery live than the 2nd gen one

in other words 2nd gen ipod tocuh its BETTER than 3rd gen 8gb ipod touch

Now the 32gb and 64gb 3rd gen ipod touches, that where all the fun is at

the 32gb and 64 gb models have more ram 256mb, faster processors 600mhz, and much better graphic chip which has support for open gl 2.0 and it is said to outperform psp graphics
  6. Tkf1

Device:
    iPad mini

The 8gb has the hidden FM chip like the 32 and 64. That's pretty much the whole update for the 8gb.
  7. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    are you sure? do you have a source?

but still a hidden non functional fm radio chip doesnt make it any better than a 2nd gen 8gb ipod touch, it evens the situation at most

my rationale the 3rd gen 8g ipod touch has less battery life than the 2nd gen to and a patched boot room. and a hidden fm chip (that may not even be there)that's not functional at the moment and it will take fw 4.0 to make it functional which will not be out till the summer of june

edit
    as i though, i did a goolgle search about this hidden fm chip on the 3rd gen ipod touches

and all i found was disassembles of the 32/64 gb models which have this hidden chip present, and no site mentioned that the 8gb model had this hidden fm chip

i may be wrong, but it looks like the 8gb model has the SAME hardware as the 2nd gen apart from those differences i mentioned before