iPod Touch 3G Multitasking Turn-Off

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TechDudeGeorge, May 23, 2010.

1. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

If I can get a iPod Touch 3G 32gb. When I upgrade to 4.0. Can you turn multitasking off. Since you get it by Double-tapping the Home Button. But I like to use stuff like Backgrounder (Which is true backgrounding (Apps stay running) and have Backgrounder set for Double-Press. Anyone seen an option so far to change the button combination or turn it off.

Since I am stuck in deciding for a 2G or 3G.

Since -

2G - No Apple Multitasking (So can use backgrounder fine), but no screen rotation lock

3G - Apple Multitasking (But hard Backgrounder) but it has screen rotation lock. Any idea on what I could do.

It would be better just to change the button combination of the multitasking. So could you make Apple's one activate when I double tab the sleep button instead. Since I prefer backgrounder.
  2. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Screen rotation lock on 2G can be achieved with an SBSettings toggle. It's called Rotation Inhibitor.

Beyond that, I've got nothing. xD
  3. TechDudeGeorge

I know it can. But the thing is I read it only works in one way. I think it works fine if you lock it in Vertical mode. But when on horizontal it won't work.
  4. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    You can do it the same way you can turn it off. Edit the device plist file and make the multitasking entry false.
  5. TechDudeGeorge

Thanks, just realized though that it might shut off the Screen rotation. I just want to be able to use the rotation lock without the Apple Multitasking. Or atleast change the apple multitasking buttons.

It's just so annoying at apple. I want to use backgrounder but want to use the screen rotation lock. But the screen rotation lock is gone when multitasking goes

Please Register or Log in to view images

I wonder if you could change the mulitasking shortcut (Apple's one) by using the Cydia app you get to change button shortcuts. Could anyone please try. As I want to know before I get a iPod Touch. And I can't try it out myself atm.
  6. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Wait for 4.0 and see what jailbreak apps come out for multitasking.
  7. jellydonuts

jellydonuts New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Just get Rotation Inhibitor, same concept.
  8. TechDudeGeorge

The problem is I read that it only locks it on one way. So when you have the iPod help vertical and lock it, it will lock. But put it horizontal and lock it. And it won't lock.
  9. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Trust me you want a 3g or just wait till September for the next one like me. The 2g is soooo slow now and will be the next to be phased out like the original iPhone and the 1g touch. but at least go with the 3g
  10. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    A 3G iPod Touch blows the 2G out of the water. If you want screen rotation lock and no multitasking, I am sure it will become possible. There will probably be an SB settings toggle that enables it instead of the multitasking icon.