iOS 3.1 iPod Touch 3G (MC) 8gb 3.1.2 Jailbroken with Blackra1n - battery drains fast?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by che0173, Oct 29, 2009.

1. che0173

che0173 New Member

Hello guys,

Has anyone with the 3g 8gb ipod touch on 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n been experiencing rapid battery drains?

I pulled my ipod touch out of the dock for 5 hours...
    used the dictionary every 5-10minutes
    and suddenly it's on 20-30% battery.
    wifi off, bluetooth off
    the only other thing was the brightness was on full but that can't explain the hasty battery drain.
    what's more interesting is if the iPod says 100% battery whilst charging on the dock, quite literally, 3minutes after i pull it out, it'll say 97% or something around that figure.

And approximately 7-9 hours later, it'd be on 85-90% despite the ipod not being touched at all, that is...left in my pocket for the whole day, haven't touched the screen, pressed the home button nor sleep button.
    literally NOTHING.

Even my iPod Touch 1G lasted longer than that, in fact, it stayed on 100% for approximately 5-7 hours when i tested how long it could play music.

Also, this problem has only occured after jailbreaking, prior to using blackra1n, the ipod's battery was fineee.

Soo, is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks,

che0173.
  2. g0dless420

g0dless420 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Actually yes it can. Turn it down to about 1/4 of the way and you will notice a significant increase, Jailbroken or not.
  3. Shamko

Shamko Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Allso,
    if you have Winterboard, SBSettings or even thousands of "Rows", remove em.. they eat battery too

Better yet.. unjailbreak
    if you dont need custom things
  4. che0173

che0173 New Member

Full Brightness would not kill 2-3% battery upon unplugging it from a power source. It will significantly drop the battery to approximately 15-25 hours?
    but seriously...5 hours?

that's just absurd =(

and that's not explaining the fact that it drops even when the screen is kept off.

sigh...
  5. nATEdAWGG

nATEdAWGG New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    when you jailbreak, it installs MUCH more stuff that has to run in the background, that takes out a pretty good chunk...try downgrading to 3.1.1 it might be bad support for 3.1.2... im downgrading from 3.1.2 because of all the random bugs i find...it takes like 10 secs to close an app with the home button
  6. g0dless420

g0dless420 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As absurd as it may sound it fixed mine. With the brightness up over 50%, even when it was locked, I would lose battery power. When I was actively using it (non wifi apps), I would watch it drop 2-3% every minute. As soon as I turned the brightness down (auto brightness was set on in both cases), the battery percent actually increased, while using it, without it being plugged in.

Just because something sounds crazy doesn't mean it's not true. Who knows though. Maybe my iPod just likes me better.
  7. boomer678

boomer678 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    MY DRAINS SO FAST. Like really if i use it for 1 hour browsing the web it will already be at 60-70%
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That's why you don't install WinterBoard, Backgrounder, and other mods that run in the background draining your battery.
  9. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Your battery counter may be a little off if it unplugs as 98%.
    Just let your battery run down until your ipod shuts it self off and refuses to turn on.
    Plug it back in, let it charge to 100%, and then unplug and it should be about fixed.
    As to battery drain
    TURN DOWN YOUR BRIGHTNESS. Mine hardly ever goes about 1/4th, and unless I'm using it in a really bright classroom it stays at minimum.
    Use SBSettings for that, lets you adjust brightness anywhere.
    Also on SB settings enable the processes toggle and check whats on it there.
    If your listening to music, you'll probably see "music" and "video" processes.
    If you see safari, for example, "delete" the process.
    And when using wifi turn off push (change to manual) unless you use it.
  10. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

The full brightness, when in use of that amount of time, doesn't account for 670% of battery drainage.

Apple are investigating problems with the battery meter having incorrect readings in 3.1.x, so it may not be anything. I run around 5 AppStore apps in the background, and my battery isn't too bad

Please Register or Log in to view images