iOS 4.0 iPod Touch 3G losing memory rapidly

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Ex-Touch, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

I have a 32GB 3rd gen Touch and I am barely running any apps yet my statusbar free mem. is showing that I'm losing about a megabyte while doing nothing system intensive. I'm running at 45 MB right now when I should have upwards of 120 MB - 160 MB.

Any ideas?
  2. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It could be anything. Remove daemons using this guide and free memory with SBSettings every once in a while.
  3. jotokun

jotokun Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I had the same issue. If you install SBSettings and check under Processes, is mail running? If so, go to your mail settings and under Fetch New Data, change Fetch to Manually. Scroll down to Advanced, and for each account that shows up set those to manual as well.
  4. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Fetch data was on manual but push was also on. I free'd some mem up and It freed up to 99MB but dropped back to 60 when I started a song. Doesn't seem like the jb is handling this very well. I also removed all unecessary daemons so it shuldnt e that. The weird thing is that I'll just sit here doing nothing and one megabyte will go down like every 15 seconds or something like that.
  5. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure mine would do the same. As long as it's not actually making things slow, don't worry about it.

It's kinda like how people made a big deal about their bars going down when they "death grip'd" there iPhone 4's, but most of them didn't actually drop any calls.
  6. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

No. My iPod is actually losing performance when it gets below like 50 or something. Hell, it'll get down to 7MB sometimes and my music will start skipping.
  7. FaL LeGeNd

FaL LeGeNd Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Edit: I actually don't know what's wrong with it, mine is at 153 MB, how much memory have you used? Like for music, apps, and videos.
  8. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mine is doing the same thing. I haveturned off all sounds, alerts AND badges, AND have turned of the general notifications, but there are still badges showing up on the icons: Skype, Facebook, Awesome Nte, Mail, and the App Store. I even closed the ipod (not sleep) and reopened it, hoping the badges would disappear Nope.

Guess what? These apps are close to the top of the processes, even though the apps are closed.

I've gone into the app settings and I cannot find a way to turn them off.
  9. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Yeah and apparently skype doesn't go away from processes even if I delete it.
  10. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    My iPod runs fine when it gets down to 11MB.

I recommend using iMemory Enhancer since your having some RAM issues.It'll increase your RAM up.