Ipod TOuch 3G - Keeps Restarting, Even after Restores!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nanners, Jun 4, 2010.

1. nanners

nanners New Member

I have a 3rd Generation Ipod Touch, and it's running 3.1.3. It was originally running 3.1.2, I had to restore, and it upgraded to 3.1.3. Since then it keeps crashing when it runs. Sometimes right after it boots into springboard, othertimes, after a days worth of use.

I've restored over 10 times, everything from DFU mode, to when it crashes, and brings up a need to plug into itunes and restoring from there.

It's not jailbroken, so I can't downgrade it, but I'm quickly running out of options.

I've uninstalled, and re-installed itunes, as well.

Any help would be appreciated!
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    DFU should always work, make sure your doing it right.
  3. nanners

nanners New Member

I'm fairly certain I am.

I power down the ipod, before it has a chance to crash by pressing the power button on the top, I then slide the red slider to the right, and it powers down. I hold the home button, and connect it via USB to the computer, and itunes pops up saying there was an ipod found in recovery mode. This is the DFU update n'est pas?
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    thats reovery mode, to enter dfu mode you need to hold down the home and power buttons for 10 seconds, then hold the home button for another 10 seconds, all while plugged in.
  5. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    also once you restore is done, make sure you DONT restore from a backup, set the ipod as NEW
  6. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yes what jmwerkus said, if that doesn't do it redownload the firmware and try again, if it still does the same thing, its most likely defective but doing what jmwerkus said works 99.9% of the time.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    yes for got about that, if your ipod is messed up the backup is probably messed up too.
  7. nanners

nanners New Member

Well, I noticed the difference, where DFU mode is still a blank screen, thanks for the enlightment.

I went ahead and entered into DFU mode, evidenced by the guide, the black screen, and the itunes b*tching.

I chose restore, it verified the restore, had a flat white screen for a bit, had the apple logo up for a bit, and is now black screen with itunes saying it's waiting on the ipod, so we shall see!

Thanks a LOT for the help thus far!
    Hello! Well, I managed to get it into DFU mode, and it restored finally, still have issues with it randomly restarting or turning off, it'll do it while I am playing a chess game, or while syncing with itunes, or whenever.

ANy other thoughts?

And I made it a new ipod, not from a backup, just FYI, different name and everything.
    Just wanted to update, it still shuts off, or randomly restarts, even after the DFU.

I was syncing it with itunes, and it froze, with the charging screen all pixilated.

Thoughts?
  8. nanners

nanners New Member

I just wanted to end this topic letting you all know that I called up Apple and they said it was a hardware issue.
  9. biikmans

biikmans Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I was just about to post to call apple

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hopefully you are still under warranty and can get a replacement?