iPod Touch 3G Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by willh1234, Nov 5, 2009.

1. willh1234

willh1234 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm thinking of jailbreaking my new iPod Touch 3G and just want some questions answered.

First off:
    I have a brand new 64GB iPod Touch 3rd generation on fw 3.1.2 and from what I understand if I jailbreak using blackra1n rc3 I will lose the jailbreak if I turn off my iPod, correct?

Next does the serial number or model number have anything to do with whether I can actually jailbreak?

Will I lose the apps I have purchased when I jailbreak?

If the jailbreak fails can I just use iTunes to restore it to 3.1.2 and it will work ok? Also if I want to get rid of the jailbreak I just restore it also?

Is there any chance it permanantly damage or brick my iPod? I don't fancy having a £300 paperweight.

Thanks.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

No, you won't lose your jailbreak if you turn it off. You will just need to run blackra1n and press 'make it ra1n' again to turn it back on, everything will be the same. No, you won't lose any of your paid apps, and yes, if you want to get rid of the jailbreak, you can just restore.
  3. willh1234

willh1234 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok great but what about the chances of bricking it? And I assume the App Store will still work after?
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

From my understanding, it is impossible to brick unless you mess with the actual files of the iPod Touch, but you are only able to mess with them if you are jailbroken. So there is no chance to brick it while trying to jailbreak. And yes, the App Store will still work.