iPod Touch 3g Jailbreak Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lrg32shots, Oct 1, 2010.

1. lrg32shots

lrg32shots Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok I had my ipod touch 3g 64gb replaced by apple today and my new ipod is on 3.1.3. I really want to jailbreak it but would prefer to be on 4.0 so I can have multitasking, folders, etc.

so my questions is what would be the best way to do this. Should I jailbreak 3.1.3 w/ Spirit, get my shsh saved thru cydia, then upgrade to 4.0 and jailbreak with jailbreakme.com? I currently dont have shsh saved so I dont wanna try and restore to 4.0 then it wont let me and forces me to go to 4.1.

But is the method I mentioned the only way for me to safely upgrade to 4.0 and jailbreak or is there a different process with less steps involved. Also ive never used tiny umbrella before but would that save my blobs faster so I wont have to wait for cydia to do it?

Lastly if I do have to jailbreak and work my way up to 4.0, is there something I need to do so itunes makes me restore 4.0 fw? Ive honestly never had to downgrade or anything where I needed my shsh blobs before so im not even sure if there any extra steps when I go to restore.

Anyways any help/insight will be greatly appreciated...
  2. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    You can't save your SHSH's, Apple isn't signing 3.1.3 anymore. I don't think Apple is signing 4.0 either (although one user managed to install 4.0, and claimed he never backed up his SHSHs.. )..

You're on 3.1.3, you can jailbreak and have your fun, but once you upgrade [ which will have to be 4.1 ], there's no turning back.
  3. lrg32shots

lrg32shots Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok cool I guess I could run 3.1.3 until a jailbreak comes out for 4.1

Do you know if i'll still be able to jailbreak with spirit if I have itunes 10? And for 3.1.3 would spirit be the best jailbreak?

Appreciate it man
  4. tw23

tw23 Community Development Staff Member

i think that u can sasve ur shsh blobs.... but not sure. i would stay on 3.1.3... i wanted to but i upgraded.
    or u could upgrade to 4.0 if u want and jailbreak
  5. austinmartin

austinmartin New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try downloading tiny umbrella. You can then try to get shsh blobs from Apple. If that doesn't work you will know for sure.

I'm pretty sure people have reported that Apple is no longer signing them below 4.1, so I would guess that you're our of luck
  6. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

You can download 4.0 and shift click restore?
  7. lrg32shots

lrg32shots Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I ended up jailbreaking it on 3.1.3 with spirit and I also ran it thru tiny umbrella and it only saved 4.1.

I guess i'll stick to 3.1.3 for now until they release the jailbreak for 4.1.