Ipod Touch 3g issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by glades, Nov 30, 2009.

1. glades

glades New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi Ipodtouchfan nations

I purchased an Ipod Touch 3g 64gb version a couple of months ago, it was going great for a while and now i'm experiencing some funny business with this device.

Lately this device has been acting as if its got a mine of its own, it would play songs out of the blue. Or I would have a song stopped and it would play it without my request after a few minutes. I am also unable to connect with my wifi connection as well, but the device does recognize my connection. Not sure whats going on here, if anyone has experience the same errors and knows how to resolve this, please assist. tia

Edit: Alright folks, I got the wifi connection issue resolved. But the random playing and stopping of songs - I have yet to figure out.
  2. jetf

jetf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow, that sucks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Did you jailbreak your device? You could of course restore your iPod. And if that doesn't work call apple.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Hmm, well, if the music is playing speakers and headphones, then that's a common problem. It's because of the pair of headphone/mic that comes with the iPod. Just get another pair and it'll stop. Or unplug it every time you're not using it.
  4. glades

glades New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yep I have it jailbroken.. man this sucks, that means the only resort is to buy another pair of headphones?
  5. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Chris makes sense...

...plus, I've heard of this issue with earplugs before. The earplug/mic that are shipped with IPT3G/64 is also a control, changing songs, turning off and on, adjusting volume...

Try another pair and see what happens.

I have the zact same iPod and only use orig phones for skype. Music uses Sony buds.