iPod touch 3G is acting weird and won't restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mur2, Aug 13, 2010.

1. mur2

mur2 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi!

My iPod touch 3G started acting weird. When it was locked and I pressed home button to unlock it, music playback started instantly. Microphone and volume controls on headphones wouldn't work. If I press the home button twice, iPod does not bring up music controls, but goes to main screen.

After all this I decided I will restore it with iTunes and see what happens. I did the procedure for unjailbreaking iPod(hold power and home button, hold shift when pressing restore in iTunes). I selected the firmware 3.1.3, which I'm 100% sure it was the original firmware. iTunes first says extracting software, then verifying iPod restore with Apple. Then displays error message: "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

iPod was jailbreaked.

What can I do?
    Did I do something wrong with the restore?
  2. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

You need to update to either 4.0.2 (which isnt jailbreakable yet) or either 4.0 or 4.0.1 by downloading it elsewhere on the web. Google should help you find it. Search for "iPod Touch 3rd gen 4.0.1 firmware download" or something along those lines
  3. Monkey__Spanker

Monkey__Spanker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you Need to Save Your SHSH With tinyumbrella (Windows) or (Mac)<-- click that to goto the page and download the one you need mac or pc when you save your SHSH on 3.1.3 you can use this to restore back to 3.1.3 if you save your shsh
  4. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

^ Do that if you ever might want to return to 3.1.3
  5. Monkey__Spanker

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol i Save All my SHSH so if i want to Go back to 3.0 i can but i like the 4.0 and stating on 4.0 till i have to upgrade cuz apps wont work anymore lol
  6. mur2

mur2 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Can I save SHSH when in recovery mode?

And if I can't how do I get out of recovery mode to save SHSH?
  7. Monkey__Spanker

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This tool has the kick device out of recovery all you have to do is plug it in and click that botton let it reboot and then save your shsh and when you want to restore it turn on the tts and then Do your Restore Holding Shift and click you know the rest lol
  8. mur2

mur2 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Now I get error 3002 when restoring. At apple website it says:

Error 3002: If you experience this error while updating an iPod touch (2nd generation) or iPhone 3G, please use the standard update or restore process in iTunes (click Update or Restore).

So if I use this it will be updated to 4.0. Right? If I do this, can I downgrade to 3.1.3 later now when i have SHSH saved?
  9. Monkey__Spanker

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    did you save your shsh?
    if you did you need to turn on the (TSS) on the right side of the program
    it should say its running and leve that tinyumbrella runing then do the restore
  10. mur2

mur2 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I did all that. Is this possibly my problem?

08/13/2010 19:32:31.200 iPod3G 4.0 (8A293)-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    08/13/2010 19:32:31.206 Devices with ECIDs matching the above AND restoring to the exact firmware version listed above will succeed!

TinyUmbrella says this when I try to restore. It seems that I have saved SHSH for firmware 4.0.

Can I somehow save SHSH for 3.1.3 firmware?