ipod touch 3g flip case with magnet closeur

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shaolin, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shaolin

shaolin New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Does anyone have problems with the ipod touch 3G using the flip case that has the magnet on it ? I had read other forum lots of people said the magnet had freeze their ipod touch and some said it has to be replace.
  2. Mkhcb

Mkhcb Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Most flipcases magnets are weak. Usually, the magnetic field cannot get pass the metel it is attracted to when closed.

There should be nothing to worry about.
  3. shaolin

shaolin New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks I went out and brought teh iphone DLO flip case with magnet and it work fine. I use the DLO Iphone flip case and my ipod touch hard case skin together. I fit prefect so I have doubled protection from it. the Iphone is a little thicker then the ipod touch. so it work out for me.
  4. Rayzilla

Rayzilla New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I carry my Touch with the Blackberry magnetized clip case and I have not experienced any freezing problem.
  5. bullwrinkle

bullwrinkle New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I use a flip case and have not had any problems with freezing either but sometimes when it's it my pocket the top of the case presses against the home button and changes the music. I took off my hard case when I read there might be problems with over heating when charging.
  6. tjgriffin

tjgriffin Member

I just figured out that the magnet on my case is causing my iPod Touch 2G to reboot. I put it in, bottom up so the headphone jack is up, and face in. If I'm not careful, the flap touches the home button and it reboots.

I thought it was jiggling the headphone plug that was causing the problem. The jack is a bit erratic and I can get it play at 2x. Just a few days ago it occurred to me it might be the magnetic closure. So I took the case off my belt and touched the magnet to the home button -- instant reboot! five times in a row.

Since then I've started making sure my hand is in between the flap and the iPod, and I had MUCH fewer reboots.