IPod Touch 3G Battery Life?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MikoTail, Nov 3, 2009.

1. MikoTail

MikoTail New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have an iPod Touch 3G (32GB) and may be experiencing some battery problems or it could just be in my head.

Note: I have read the sticky in this section about battery life and realized that I have been following those guidelines.

I jailbroke my device (tethered) when blackra1n was released and installed a few Cydia apps and lots of cracked apps.

Since the jailbreak is tethered, I put it into sleep mode all the time. My iPod has only been turned off about 5 times since the release of blackra1n (and that's only because I was playing a game with low battery life and it shut itself off).

So i've had to re-jailbreak my device approximately 5 times.

Recently I noticed that my battery is draining faster than usual.

My iPod settings are fine. Most settings are set to "off" when i'm not using it.
    I removed some stuff that I got from Cydia - SBSettings and Winterboard & themes.

Still the battery seems to be draining faster than normal.
    Today I was playin' around with "Scanner 911" at lunch. Brightness was all the way up during the time, and after about 30 mins, my battery life went from 65% to 35%. Is this normal?

The only thing that could possibly be running in the background is OpenSSH (which I need and apparently doesn't cause any noticeable battery issue). I also have the Safari Download Manager plugin installed as well as countless cracked apps.

Occasionally when I install and run cracked apps they open and then close right away. Is this perhaps like an "iPod Virus"and is causing my battery to drain faster than normal?

I can't think of anything else that may be causing this potential problem.
    Is leaving the iPod on all the time (in sleep mode when not using) a bad thing and causing the battery to drain more rapidly? Is re-jailbreaking bad for the iPod? It's tethered, I have to.

If there is something causing it such as something running in the background, I'll be grateful. If my battery is getting permanently damaged, I will cry.

It's my first iPod so I am unfamiliar with the expectations this device should have but it also seems like it takes a short time for the battery to charge? I plugged my device in 35 mins ago and it has so far went from 15% battery life to 75%. Normal?

Thanks in advance.
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    READ THE RULES.

We don't like piracy.

P.S. Jailbreaking will kill your battery life, as it is working more in the background. Now go read the rules.
  3. MikoTail

MikoTail New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Dumb how it's perfectly OK to talk about cracked apps in the jailbreak section of these forums but when you mention it in here it's like your the devil.
  4. ssddyakno

ssddyakno New Member

Um, I don't think it's OK anywhere on this forum. It would be putting the forum in a sticky legal situation if it can be construed in any way that they're condoning it.

But in regards to the original thread... just constantly go into sbettings and cancel out your unused processes. That's about the best you can do. Battery life is gonna be so so. I've noticed it's marginally better than the 2G but that could just be a function of a newer battery. It's a pretty powerful little processor inside this thing.
  5. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Buddy, it isn't ok anywhere. Point me where you were allowed to talk about it, I'm sure that my good friend Studangerous would love to hear about it.

Anyways, its stealing. THat isn't good anywhere, now is it?
  6. MikoTail

MikoTail New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    OK thanks but in the sticky in this section regarding battery life, it says it should take 2-4 hours for your iPod to charge from 80% to 100% but mine takes like 30 minutes to 1 hour?
  7. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah, but I believe that that is for the 1G iPod touch...

Depending on how new your iPod is, it will charge faster. Mine is the same, and it is a month old.

P.S. The visitor message is mostly to get you the link to the rules. It isn't intended to initiate any fight or anything.
  8. MikoTail

MikoTail New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    And BTW, JKK, it's not that big of a deal I am sure no one really cares about what I do, i'm not encouraging anyone to do it. I'm just stating it as it could, perhaps, be a reason as to my problem.

The only reason why you are acting up is because you being a little suck up, wanting to get your post count up. You're hoping that some admin will come and notice that you are enforcing the rules and make you a moderator in these forums while you kiss his ass. Mod wannabe. Sad tbh.

EDIT: KTHXBAI@@@@@@@@
  9. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok. Glad you got your opinion out.

Hey come back in about a week... I might have a little article that may make you think twice about stealing what you aren't bright enough to create.

And I thought that you were mature enough to handle this. My bad.