Ipod Touch 3g Auxiliary Cable?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by darkxwaters, Dec 26, 2009.

1. darkxwaters

darkxwaters New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi so I got an iPod touch 3rd Gen for christmas and want to connect it to my truck stereo

Speakers are:
    2 Alpine S-Series
    2 Kenwood(dont know type)
    and a sony Xplod Dock with an auxiliary input and Usb Input.

So heres the deal.

I have 2 auxiliary input cables that worked perfectly fine with my old Ipod Video 30GB, But when i try to connect my ipod touch to them to the stereo, all i get is music with nothing but static. This is very annoying and I need to know where I can get an Auxiliary Cable that will work for the ipod touch 3rd Gen so i can listen to music in my vehicle clearly.

Thanks,
    ~Dark
  2. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I don't think it's you AUX Cable, hearing your iPod Video 30GB was working fine along with it. Might be your iPod's jack, not sure.

Does this static sound appear when you're using your headphones, too?
    If not, it might be your stereo or indeed, the AUX cable.
  3. darkxwaters

darkxwaters New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Nope, the static only persists if I attempt to hook up my iPod Touch to my Truck Stereo, all 4 pairs of headphones I own work fine with it no static whatsoever. Just when I plug the iPod Touch into my Truck stereo with the auxiliary cable I have(Came with the Mount I bought today for my truck).

I hear music and static at high volumes and just pretty much pure static at low volumes, I Tried it at a middle volume for both the stereo and the Ipod Touch and it's still very staticy(spellcheck).
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    /off to work i'll check this thread in a few hours thanks.

~Dark
  4. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Have fun at work! *cough*

Mhm.. so you hooked up your old iPod onto your stereo and it was working fine?
    Weird, weird stuff. Only explanation I can give you that the iPod's jack is lame somehow in combination with your AUX cable.

Have you tried other AUX cables that the ones you own?