iPod Touch 3G 64GB speaker

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by waichip1991, Oct 27, 2009.

1. waichip1991

waichip1991 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So recently, I have sold my 32GB 2G and bought the new 64GB iPod touch. I am so very happy with the purchase even though it is a bit pricey, and I can finally just hit sync when I plug my iPod to my computer without having to pick what to sync. The speed is notably faster, and device is more stable than the 2G. Everything is wonderful, and it would have been more perfect if I don't have the following 2 problems. First, the lack of a stable jailbreak: my ipod would have been so much better if I can jailbreak it now. However, that's not point for this thread, the main point for this thread is the second problem I have with my iPod Touch 3G--the speaker. Compare to the 2G I had, the speaker it clearly louder; however, the quality is worse, especially when I turn the volume all the way up. The sound becomes discrete and unclear, and I can clearly feel the vibration from the back of my iPod. Is my ipod defective? Does anyone else have this problem besides me?
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    About the jailbreak: You can jailbreak. It would be tethered, though.
    That means you won't be able to turn your iPod on without running software from the computer.

About the speaker: I have heard the iPod touch 64GB and 32GB is sometimes quieter than the 2G.
    If you are really concerned, I'd call Apple and see what they have to say.
    Maybe something IS wrong, and they'll replace it.
  3. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Mine seems a little distorted too. Vibrates a little more too. I had the same situation as u, 32 2g - 3g 64
  4. hooger

hooger Banned

I never had a 2G iPod, but yes the speakers on my 32GB 3G sounds horrible at full volume. However if i turn it down one or two notches, i dont get the vibration, and distortion. And its still pretty much the same volume.
  5. BEEF_SUPREME

BEEF_SUPREME Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Im glad someone brought this up. I buy and sell IPOD touchs on a local ad site. Over the last two months I have had in my hands 20 or so IPOD touchs from 8gb to 64 gb and the speaker on some is really loud and clear but others the sound is extremely weak. I think its a crap shoot on the speaker situation. Right now I have a brand new 64gb touch and the speaker is weak very weak. I also have a very used 2nd gen 8gb that has a speaker that rocks I can hear it in the other room of my house. I wonder if this has anything to do with speaker placement inside of the POD maybe it depends on weather the speaker is in the just right perfect spot or if it is secured properly inside?
  6. http

http New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Side by side, my 3g 32gig have a louder sound than my girlfriend 2g 8gig but at full volume the internal speaker have some distorsion! Overall the 3g have a better sound quality if you dont max it out!
  7. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the speaker is rubbish on the 3G Touch. After listening to my brother's 3GS which does not distort unless its at the highest 100%, the 3G touch sounds like rubbish. Mine starts distorting 192kbps songs at 70% and higher. So i just never go over 70%.
  8. macosxleopardfan

macosxleopardfan Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm also having the same problem with my 3G 64GB Touch. The sound is really, really weak.. And to add salt to our wounds, Apple had made the speaker voice distorted the volume on higher levels..
    Every time I go out of my house on the road (where there is noise of vehicles), I have to carry my earphones along. Coz even if I play songs at FULL volume and hold the iPod close to my ear, I just can't hear anything..

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Misk

Misk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i highly recommend using earphones when u go on the road, nothing more irritating and arrogant then someone sharing their music in public
  10. http

http New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So true!