iPod touch 3G 64g JB problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ripkord, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Ripkord

Ripkord New Member

Hi everyone! Its me the iPod noob with a question.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I tried to JB my iPod with spirit, as I was told that is the one I need to use for 3.1.3. Anyway, when I tried to JB with spirit I got a message that said Safari can't load this program. I was using Wifi, but I just read a tutorial here that said to download the spirit JB to my Mac and JB from my Mac. Did I read that correctly? And is that why it wouldn't work, because I was trying to JB using Wifi?

I also tried to to use Jailbreakme, but it kept crashing so I figured that this JB is only for 4.0. Am I right about that?

Thanks for all of you help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I had the jailbreakme problem also on 3.1.3 it just reboots my iPod once I slide.
    Try going back to spiritjb.com and right click the mac os x download then save file as or dowoad linked file as (which ever one it is. It changes for me) then run it
  3. Ripkord

Ripkord New Member

Thanks RedRum! I'll try again now and let you know what happened.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well just down loaded spirit and nothing happens. It tells me to connect my device. When I do it tells me the device connected and I hit the JB button. I see the little wheel spinning and a message on my iPod that says "Restore in Progress". After leaving it on for 15 min, I closed spirit and the message on my iPod says "Restore Completed". Then it shuts down and re boots, but there is nothing new on my iPod. Do I need wifi for this? I'm running on dial up, does this make a difference? I have no idea what I'm doing! LOL!!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I tried spirit 5 more times and the same thing keeps happening. I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

Thanks!
  4. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Do you have iTunes open when you try to jailbreak?
  5. Ripkord

Ripkord New Member

Yes and no. I've got my iTunes set to open when I connect, but thought that might be the problem so I disabled "open iTunes when connected" but the same thing still happens. I tried again today to JB and the same thing is still happening.

Thanks for asking HeadReaper. Do you have any advise?
  6. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    are you on 4.0, if you are try clearing your cache.
  7. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Can you please read the first post?
  8. Ripkord

Ripkord New Member

Thanks for replying shashanknegi! I'm on 3.1.3, but at this point I'm considering upgrading to the new 4.02 so I can use jailbreakme. This whole spirit thing is becoming a pita for a noob like me! LOL!!!
  9. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    4.0.2 patches the Exploit that JailbreakMe uses. So don't upgrade to 4.0.2 or you wont be able to jailbreak...
  10. Ripkord

Ripkord New Member

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply and the advise Lux2GS! Can you give me any insight/advise as to what is happening with my spirit JB problems?

Thanks!