Ipod touch 3g 64 gig keeps shutting down

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ericdnb19, Jan 17, 2010.

1. ericdnb19

ericdnb19 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hello everyone my name is eric. I recently purchased an ipod touch 3g 64 gig from ebay. I have have had it for about a month now. everything was working great for about 3 weeks then all of the sudden my ipod shut off randomly and wouldn't turn on. I plugged it into itunes and it told me it had malfunctioned and to restore it so thats what i did. after that i started putting songs back onto it and i was it turned off and told me it malfunctioned again. I took it off and messed with it and had it working for a little while. It would turn off randomly and i would have to restart it over and over until it would stay on. it would shut off in sleep mode or hold mode whatever its called or it would shut off while playing music or looking at stuff through the internet. Just yesterday it managed to stay on all day and night so this morning i decided to plug it back into itunes and continue putting music again. I have already restored the ipod twice before doing this. I managed to get all my songs onto my ipod with no interruptions from two different computers then i went to my room and was listening to it for about an hour or two when it decided to shut off again. It wouldn't turn back on so i left it there for about 10-15 minutes before trying it again. It came on and I started playing music and halfway through the first song it shut off again. Has anyone else had this problem if so please help. i am not running it jailbroken or anything it has the latest software 3.1.2. I have no idea why its doing it but its a pain to have to restore it and have it do the same thing over and over. It didn't have any refunds on ebay so i'm thinking i might have to take it to apple but i want to make sure i cant fix this problem myself first from someone's knowledge on these things here on this site thanks.
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Well you bought it from ebay? Try a DFU mode restore.
  3. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    internal problem maybe?
  4. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Take it to Apple. I can almost guarantee that you will walk out with a new one, just maybe exclude the fact that you bought it on Ebay. They really don't care, but it just might help your case. I got my iPhone off Craigslist. They replaced it even though it was (obviously) not my name on the owner's sheet or what ever they gave me.