iOS 4.1 iPod Touch 3g 4.1 Problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Laugh1ng, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Laugh1ng

Laugh1ng New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    About a few hours ago, I decided to update to 4.1 for my iPod Touch 3g as it seems Limera1n was working for it. I was originally on 3.1.2 and jailbroken with blackra1n, but yeah I decided to update. After a long wait of about 3 hours, the update failed and some error code popped up.. sad to say I didn't mark down what the error code was. Anyways, I was wondering if there was another way I can download it and update my iPod as I don't want to wait 3 hours... no it's not because my internet is bad.. just for some reason it downloaded really slowly on iTunes.
    Additional info:
    Running iTunes 10.0.1.22... required to get 4.1 apparently
    iPod is MC Model (Dunno if it matters)
    Windows 7 32 Bit

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Notorious97

Notorious97 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I upgraded to 4.1 the other night, and when i was restoring my ipod and upgrading it (64GB 3G) i got an error code to say it could not be done, but it still put 4.1 on it, and i am now successfully JB with 4.1
  3. Land of Pi

Land of Pi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Downloading any firmware takes at least 30 minutes...Not to mention the extra 45 putting it on the device and restoring/putting apps and music back on.

It would be a waste to download it off a site.
  4. Laugh1ng

Laugh1ng New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I guess all I can do is do it again I guess. I'm just more afraid about it not working again.. it'd be a pointless waste of time. Btw I realise that downloading an update takes quite some time.. just didn't expect it to take THAT long. The update was about 350 mbs and it took 3 hours... is that normal or just something wrong on my part?
  5. firepelt

firepelt Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You should probably try DFU mode on your iPod. (Connect it to itunes, hold down the power and home button for 10 seconds, then let go of the power button and keep holding the home button until your computer recognizes your iPod in DFU, iTunes will say you are in recovery)

Now the only thing you can do is restore.

Edit: Also, if you already downloaded the firmware it won't have to download again.
  6. GHO5T

GHO5T Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had error 3002, i edited my hosts file back to original (if you have been playing with it for SHSH downgrades and restarted itunes and Voila.
    i also downloaded the 4.1 official off of a site (i cant mention the sight i have already been warned for posting it before)
  7. Laugh1ng

Laugh1ng New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Oh I think the error had something about connection timed out if that has any relation to the problem. I didn't disconnect from the net at any point during the update btw
  8. Land of Pi

Land of Pi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh I see now! What happened was a surplus of people were upgrading at the time and Apple's servers went slow and dumb.
  9. Ace Of Jasons

Ace Of Jasons Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    With McDonald's internet, maybe. At about 300 megabytes, if you have atleast a decent internet speed around 2-3 MBPS you can get it in a few minutes,
  10. Land of Pi

Land of Pi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My internet is 150mbps...
    Dude you don't know how long it takes 250-300mb to download do you?
    Also Apple's servers are sending it to MULTIPLE computers at a time.

The client isn't the only fault ya' know...