ipod touch 3g 32gb jailbreak advice please guy's

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by niknips, Oct 22, 2010.

1. niknips

niknips New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have a new 32gb ipod touch on 3.1.1 and would like to jailbreak. I know I can use blackra1n, but it is a tethered jailbreak. I do not have any blobs backed up, and I am running windows 7. Do I have any other options to jailbreak other than updating to the latest firmware and jailbreaking with greenpo1son/limera1n. I have read many posts of problems using greenpo1son/limera1n on the 3g ipod touch. It would also mean I would have to upgrade my itunes which would also mean I would have to jailbreak my son's 8gb 3g ipod touch again as it was jailbroke with spirit. Advice on way to go guy's !
  2. Moonrocks34

Moonrocks34 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I don't think Blackra1n is tethered. On the contrary. I might be wrong.
  3. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    since you have no blobs, you pretty much have no choice to either go with blackra1n or update to 4.1 and jb with greenpois0n or limera1n
    blackra1n is tethered. Just not for the older devices.
  4. niknips

niknips New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Ok, thanks pretty much what I thought. I know opinions are even on Greenpois0n and Limera1n but do we have some forum members with experience of jb'ing an ipod touch 3g with either of these tools, and which would they recomend ?
  5. n0va

n0va Banned

Well id say greenpoison, i haven't heard of any issues with installing cydia with it but i have heard alot with limera1n