Ipod touch 3G 32 gb =====> super newbie

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ken Wakashimazu, May 6, 2010.

1. Ken Wakashimazu

Ken Wakashimazu New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi guys...
    First of all, I'd like to say that I love my new jailbreak. I've been using my ipod as never before, and everything is thanks to this amazing website.
    I've been a little bit worried about if Apple force me to restore to the latest firmware.
    The only thing I did was save SHSH locally in my computer, and that's it. Is that good enought to keep my jailbreak in case apple restore my ipod?

...and BTW.. What does SHSH means?

I know there are a lot of stupid questions above for you guys but please help me with this. thanks

KenW
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, if you ever need to downgrade, you'll need your SHSH sigs backed up, and a copy of the 3.1.3 ipsw. You can get it here btw. Anyways, I don't know the detail behind it, but the way I see it, your SHSH sigs are basically the signatures stored on Apple's servers that will allow you to downgrade. Like, if you were to upgrade to a higher firmware, then Apple will update its servers to say that you upgraded to a higher firmware and then it won't allow you to downgrade. But yea, that's all I know to the extent of my knowledge

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also, Apple will NEVER force you to update. You will always have to confirm to update or not, but if you accidentally update, then that's your fault

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Ken Wakashimazu

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So, if I accidentally update my Ipod then I will need to use my SHSH which I saved with Umbrella, am I righT?
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yep, that's right.
  5. Ken Wakashimazu

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thank you so much ChrisL.

lock please.
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member