Ipod Touch 3g 3.1.3 unable to downgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Darklight854, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Darklight854

Darklight854 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Recently I've bought a new Ipod touch 3g 64gig. Little did I know, it came with the 3.1.3 firmware, which many has boasted it's impossible to jailbreak, and to downgrade.

I've searched high and low throughout google and I've found myself at this website a couple of times, only to find nothing that works.

I've tried using the Ipod Touch 3g 3.1.2 firmware that I downloaded, the whole process of DFU mode, shift+click restore.
    But when I do that, it doesn't give me a 4 number error code, it just tells me something along the lines of, ''The requested build is ineligible''.

I've tried Ipod Touch 2g 3.1.2 firmware after reading somewhere that it works; it doesn't, it will apparently works for Ipod touch 3g for an 8 gig ipod touch, because it runs on 2g firmware also...

My model does start with a MC, and all the time I keep getting the same comment, ''Oh man, you're screwed!''.
    But again, I hear it's still possible to fix.

I don't exactly want to do some sort of jailbreak for the 3.1.3 after also hearing that it can really screw your ipod up, so to be more safer; I want to downgrade to 3.1.2.

Please help me out!
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    ''Oh man, you're screwed!''
  3. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Oh man! You're screwed hard.
  4. Darklight854

Darklight854 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wouldn't it be easier if someone made a program to forcefully downgrade the Ipod down to 3.1.2 instead of making a complete jailbreaking program FOR 3.1.3. [Which is 'impossible'.]

Amirite?
  5. corey12001

corey12001 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I FEEL YOU!!!
    I AM GETTING THE SAME ANSWERS... I pretty much will probably give up on Jailbreaking my ipod...
    apparently the devs that jailbreak think this was some type of trap as to patch up all the holes in the iphone os, but they most likely will not release anything until AFTER apple releases its next MAJOR firmware update...