iPod touch 3G 3.1.1 problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by _JKK_, Sep 18, 2009.

1. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    So, after a couple days of use on my newest iPod, I've noticed a couple of problems that are weird, and annoying. If anyone else has noticed anything else, go ahead and post it, because I don't think that this is the most stable update that has ever been released (at least for iPod touch 3G, but that is probably because it is so new).

• White screen flash (some say it is hardware, but it has only happened to me twice, so I think it is software, as it is similiar to the flash that happens when a screenshot is taken, but faster.)
    • Volume bar missing after listening to music via headphones or external speaker/dock. (This has happened to me multiple times, and is annoying. A restart fixes it, but still...)
    • Not being able to adjust volume. Again. this happens after listening to music with headphones sometimes, and it is VERY annoying. If you try dragging the volume bar, it slowly moves back to where it was. (happened once or twice, but still.)
    • While being fast, the page swipes just don't seem as smooth as the 2G. This is probably more due to the lack of fine-tuning.

That is all I have noticed, but I suppose that they are somewhat biggies (some of them...) and all are annoying. Am I insane, or have anyone else had any of these problems? Or any others?

Hopefully, they will be fixed come the next firmware update.
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Now you mention it, I've had the volume bar thing happen to me a few times, but luckily I've escaped the rest so far

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You're lucky. I'm probably going to end up restoring, because it is pretty annoying. Imagine listening to music on an external speaker dock, picking it up, putting it to sleep, then in an hour, try to play some music and the volume be stuck at max. That is how I spent my morning today.

4. masterxchief46

masterxchief46 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have that same exact volume bar thing happening to me. After using the speaker, I plug in headphones and then try to adjust the volume and it just keeps jumping back to where it was before really quickly.
  5. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Hopefully a software update will fix this, it's really annoying when it happens. Also if anyone from Apple is reading this, the 802.11n and Radio would also be appreciated

6. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    That has happened to be before once, a while ago. This was on my 16GB 2nd generation. Jailbroken of course, but I don't think that's the issue.
  7. http

http New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yup, same thing for the volume bar! Got two 2nd gen 32 gig and they were doing that, my girlfriend 2nd gen 8 gig do the same thing. And now, my new 3g 32gig do the same thing, so it's software for sure, hope they fix that!
  8. wtfiwantgames

wtfiwantgames Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    that volume bar jumping thingy had happened to my ipod touch 1g 3.0 once, it does get annoying
  9. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    same...
  10. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I had the volume thing back on my 2nd Gen, but that was due to faulty buttons so I didn't mention it. But if it's across software numbers and models...?