Ipod Touch 32BG Version "Worth It?"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nascar3d, Feb 21, 2008.

1. nascar3d

nascar3d New Member

I have the 16GB version and love it... (especially now since I have the January Software Upgrade ($20)...

So, I now that the 32GB are out. should I sell my 16GB and get a 32GB? Is there any benefits to owning a 32GB besides the extra storage?

Does it come with the January Software upgrade or will I have to purchase that again?

Is there a way to backup all my Mail Settings and "Notes" I have on my 16GB touch and transfer it all over to the 32GB?

Is 32GB the final "Step" for the touch, or do you think if I wait 6 months another LARGER version will come out?
  2. heyitsnatedawg

heyitsnatedawg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My assumption is that all new iPods out come with the Apps. But worth it? Maybe.. I personally love my 8GB

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yes, that is correct from now on, ALL new ipod touches from the apple store,(im not sure about resellers) come with the jan app pack
  4. Yeahyeahyeah

Yeahyeahyeah New Member

Well it's double the memory. It's that simple.

It's up to you to decide if you need the extra 16gb or not. Personally i think the simplicity of "synching" means 16gb is enough. Just consider you PC/Mac to be the library and your touch to be the borrowing card.

I'd say it's fairly certain that there will be a 64/128/256gb etc etc Touch in the future.
  5. x6blues

x6blues New Member

personally, the storage is nice to have, but i would just have a little patience and wait for a hardware upgrade which is bound to come out in awhile. still ur choice
  6. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I got it because I have 45gb of music. I put everything I wanted in a playlist and ended up with 28gb. You could say I needed it.
  7. Hman

Hman New Member

But really, how many people have 32 gigs worth of movies and music and pictures? Personally, I wouldn't buy it because of the price tag- you might as well get an iPhone! I think that yeahyeahyeah is right, the iPod touch does act like its borrowing something. Like a guy getting a book at the library. But still, I think that even if you do have 32 gigabytes of memory, how often are you going to use all that data? Thats a ton of songs, pictures, and movies! I would just stick with your 16 GB and save the cash.

And, if you want to jailbreak, it sure as heck is great, as you have more storage space for more apps, but there still isn't a solid 1.1.3 Jailbreak for the 32 GB. Personally, I'd wait until a Jailbreak comes out, and then wait for people to review it. And, if you really find that you need that space, go for it. The only thing is your going to lose $200, assuming you sell your 16 GB. Good luck though, and this is just my opinion.

If this helped, please rep me!
  8. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    "needed"? Sounds like you should be 32gbofmagic instead of 16. lol.
  9. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    We paid for the extra 8gb from 8gb for 16gb, didn't we? Why not just get an 8gb, then, and use it as a "library" card? Why not get a 500mb, use that as our "library card?" At my local library, were only allowed 6 books out at once. Whats that in songs? 20mb or so?

It is a ton of songs, pictures, and movies. Guess what? I'm a photographer. I use my touch to share my photos. Right now, however, I only have 52 pictures of my BEST work, which takes up 330MB. I also love music and movies. I love having the ability to listen to everything at any time. I don't want to have to re-sync everyday.

If we paid $100 for 8 more gb (8gb to 16gb), why not pay $100 for 16 more gb? Thats, essencially, a $200 value for $100. I realize Apple's price is probably $20, but were going off real prices here.
    You make a good point, I don't need anything. I don't need a touch, I can have an 80gb classic for signifigantly cheaper. I don't even need that.

I wanted, and could justify, the 32gb.

About the name, I know, haha. Whatever.
  10. cowcow

cowcow New Member

well... i suggest you keep your iPod... its already big enough. im happy with my 16gb jailbroken 1.1.2

oh, and probably in the futer theres gonna be probably some other kind of iPod like a virtual reality one... LOL

. So basicly, stick on with it for now...